Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thoughts on seeing the Rams/Broncos game Live

August 28, 2016 01:48PM
Hey there sports fans, just wanted to give some impressions of our 3rd pre-season game, playing away at the Denver Broncos.

It was an absolutely beautiful night in Denver. Weather couldn't have been any better. Broncos fans were in World Championship form. They packed the stadium, and were loud and boisterous for the entire 4 qtrs. They're also pretty good people. I think they actually gave my son-in-law more of a chiding for wearing his Tim Tebow jersey than us for wearing our Rams jerseys. We went all RB's for the game. My daughter and I in Dickerson jerseys, and Mrs. Guard in a Faulk jersey.

To the game...

I think two different mindsets between Fisher and Kubiak. Fisher looking to keep his star players in limited or no duty whatsoever. Don't think our starters played much past the 1st quarter, either on O or D. Kubiak kept his 1's in for the entire 1st half, and he's dealing with basically a rookie at QB in Siemian.

Denver's D is still pretty stout against the run and one of the best in the NFL. I didn't see too many holes for our RB's to get through. Yards were hard to come by. I think we know what we have behind Gurley, with two good tailbacks in Cunningham and Brown. Aaron Green and Terrance Magee saw a lot of action. Magee had a long run at the tail end of the game. Don't think he makes the team though. We have very little depth at WR past Pharoah Cooper. Though Quick seem to have a couple of catches, don't know if it's enough to keep him on the roster. Most consistent receiver last night.... Lance Kendricks. I know there were quite a few people on this board high on M. Thomas and Duke Williams.... don't see it. Not even sure either would make it to PS. Frankly, McRoberts, and A. Hill show more. As for the TE's, Higbee didn't see a lot of throws his way, I believe he caught one and had one zip passed him... a little too high, and too much mustard. TE Hemingway had some regression last night. Missed some balls he should and needed to catch.

After our 1's left the game, the only real players that stood out were DE Longacre and CB T. Hill. Hill went out with and injury... hope he's going to be ok. He looks like a keeper. Longacre is really, really strong and quick. I think he could be an impact starter at DE. DT Cam Thomas is huge, takes up a lot of space and is hard to move, but somewhat slow. Akeem Ayers is not very good... that's being nice. One play he got caught on his back hills, and just got absolutely trucked. And now playing in his 3rd year in this defense, he just looks lost. Trouble is, none of the LB's behind him showed much.

Fun watching Johnny Hekker come out at half time and warm up in front of where we were sitting. He put 3 punts back to back to back on the 2 yard line, and then he did a coffin corner directional punt, and put it on the 5.

Zuerlein seems to have his confidence back. His FG kicks seem to come easy, and pretty much down the middle with no jittery-ness to them. That's a good sign.

Not too many takeaways from this game, just the same feeling that I think the Defense will be somewhere between good to great again, and the Offense will struggle to find TD's and not FG's. Just my impression. Maybe when we see all of the pieces together it will click... TA, Gurley and a healthy and consistent O-Line. The QB situation is what it is... it's Keenum for now, because Goff isn't there yet. It's easy to see that when you watch the game live... imo.

How does Fisher juggle between keeping his star players healthy, and not providing other teams anything to capture on film to game plan against... and getting this team ready to play, and not another slow roll out of the gate? One more Pre-season game, and we'll find out.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Thoughts on seeing the Rams/Broncos game Live

Guard820August 28, 2016 01:48PM

Re: Thoughts on seeing the Rams/Broncos game Live

The Professor369August 28, 2016 02:13PM

We had seats on the corner of the field...

Guard319August 28, 2016 02:22PM

Anytime on left hash

Hazlet Hacksaw293August 28, 2016 02:24PM