August 28, 2016 05:57AM
Good for Tavon on getting his big pay day

Defense
Looked great at times; the obvious, Aaron Donald. In the backfield, hunting the ball, finding it, and destroying it and the carrier. Unreal kid.
Some other stuff
Trumaine was burned early. Then makes play.
EJ Gaines hurt a quad or hammy.
Troy Hill got knocked silly by Lomax; It actually looked bad. The news thread above completely misses this.
Greg Robinson taken to locker room for concussion protocol?
Coty had some redeeming plays. Unfortunate, that if it's close-ish? 6 million reasons would probably keep Coty around.
After an amazing punt, the defense jumped offsides. WTH !
Bryant and Roberson. Give up plays, make plays. Cody Davis, too. Have to agree with RockRam thread about them seeking waiver wire help
Otoh, Mo Alexander sat another game. ?? He could be a major difference in the secondary, but who knows.
Finally, the quest to make a roster. I don't think Forrest, Chubb, or many of the others distinguished themselves.
Have 3 names. Cam Thomas, Ian Seau, Corey Littleton.
Cam is a good to great space eater. Williams played him a lot. He gets swallowed, or wallowed, but one wonders if he lost some bulk if he'd be a keeper.
From my couch, Seau seemed to be a loss. He got sealed, he got worked, he never got in the way.
Littleton didn't stand out, but I'd lean a bit his way.
Think these three stick around for Thursday.
The clear outs by the Broncos on our third team defenders were ugly. Rodney Hillman looked like MVP.
Finally, yes it's nice to have Robert Quinn back, but it was Mark Barron who catches my eye.

Offense
Denver's defense did a superb job on rush defense.
Kendricks is still the starting TE. They used lot more of Harkey in sets last night.
Still miffed at the out of bounds hit on Case. And on Brown; that one wasn't even called.
Jamon Brown and Barnes had a couple of nice sequences. Broncos stunt was cleanly picked up, Brown seals to his right, then teams with Barnes to stop the stunt. I am not a x & o guy, but that was a play I looked at a couple of times.
Sun Tzu's observation that the QBs need to get the ball out at the top of their drops sang out last night.
No deep shots? Right now it feels like the longest pass was the drop by Cooper in game one.
ad nauseum. drops
Duke Williams
Mike Thomas
Hemmingway
All session stuff aside; all practice stuff aside, these games are pretty much the only tangible evidence that a guy belongs. Or doesn't.
All three of the aforementioned receivers put themselves on the street with their lapses. Only 2 will survive the first cut. Goodbye Thomas.
At least Hemmingways were contested.
After Cooper, Higbee, and Spruce I don't see a lot of new faces on offense. Quick remains on my final roster.
No TD; bad production on 3rd downs. Drops on earlier downs, or flags to set us back. Hmmm; sound familiar.

specials
good to see Greg hit those FGs. He did rifle them awfully close to the left upright, but good is good.
Hekker is on fire already
First punt Cooper runs up to field. Davis loses sight of him; slams into Cooper, ball free. WTH

Knew that Jeff had no intention of putting a win up on the scoreboard. I am sure he's happy with defense. The drops on offense is a crazy maker.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Five Takeaways: Rams Preseason Game at Denver

RamBill998August 27, 2016 07:35PM

Jared Goff rides highs and lows in Rams' first preseason loss

RamBill700August 27, 2016 07:40PM

Rams get a scare when Keenum is hit hard in loss to Broncos

RamBill462August 27, 2016 09:43PM

Rams Defense shows up for first time in preseason

RamBill438August 27, 2016 10:12PM

Re: Rams Defense, Offense, Special Teams

leafnose397August 28, 2016 05:57AM

Re: Rams Defense, Offense, Special Teams