Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

my roster view (2 games to go)

August 22, 2016 11:08AM
Thoughts at the midway point of preseason...

QB- Keenum starts week 1. I think he'll start anywhere from 1 to 4 games. If they said they're not going to hand the job to Goff they're not going to hand the job to him. He's played OK. Some ups and downs. But like a stock chart progress isn't going to be linear. It has jagged ups and downs. He's trending up. The kid is 12/21 with 4 dropped passes in two games. Even his last pass vs. KC, a short middle screen short of the first down, was a good play. He was getting blitzed hard from his right, didn't try and make too much of it, and got rid of it safely. The earlier play getting flushed to his left where the ball was jarred loose out of bounds he was trying to do too much vs. throwing it away and living for the next play/series. Lesson learned... He'll get there. And let's also give Keenum a bit of credit for having a good preseason so far and making the bar to take over the job higher than it might have been.

RB- simply a very deep group. Cunningham, Brown and Green have all impressed. I like Reynolds a lot on ST but do wonder if this really may be the year he's forced out (unless they feel Green can make it to the PS which would be ideal to me).

WR- nothing has changed for me since June. The six WRs are Austin, Britt, Cooper, Marquez, Spruce and Thomas. Thomas is a bit iffy still but McRoberts, North or Williams will have to overtake him the next two weeks. I think Quick played a lot Saturday only because it's the end of the line and they basically said "go prove you belong to stay"- and he didn't...

TE- I'm a believer in the quartet of Kendricks, Higbee, Harkey and Hemingway. That Hemingway kid has a lot to learn but you can see the talent. I would really like to see Higbee and Goff have a lot more reps together the final two games.

OL- quietly impressing even with Havenstein out. Wichmann is getting invaluable experience with the 1s that will make this OL deep (him and Reynolds the top backups). Kush doesn't impress me at all. Rhaney sure isn't the answer. Not sure what the answer is at backup center... Big test for this group @DEN this weekend.

DL- Could they really be 6 deep at DE (Quinn, Hayes, Sims, Westbrooks, Longacre, and Seau)? Seau probably goes to the PS but it's easy to like his game. Heck, Fox is not a bad player. I think Coples was shoved inside because he's not in the top 7 on the DE depth chart. So, like Quick at WR, this is his last stand. Plus they'll keep him to final cuts as injury insurance. Easley and Thomas are doing nicely as DT depth. Thomas is better than I thought he'd be.

LB- Hager seems to be the 4th LB. Getting a lot of work. Not sure what the results are or will be with him. Littleton (#58) is showing some real speed and athleticism that Fassel is going to want to keep around. PS for him?

CB- Gaines showed in 22 reps on Saturday that he's already better than Sensabaugh and Joyner. I'll bet he gets about 35 reps this Saturday at Denver and then sits week 4 while they play the younger kids to iron out the 5th CB spot.

S- Time to call Donte Whitner on the Batphone?... I'm not watching coaches' all-22 film or anything of course but I'm sure not seeing anyone stand out and grab that FS role yet.

My Practice Squad prediction:
RB Green
WR McRoberts
WR Williams
DE Seau
DE Fox
LB Littleton
CB Hill
Others TBD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2016 11:11AM by LMU93.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

my roster view (2 games to go)

LMU93907August 22, 2016 11:08AM

I think Hill and Littleton

ferragamo79568August 22, 2016 11:55AM

Re: I think Hill and Littleton

LMU93415August 22, 2016 12:01PM

Re: Hill is one feisty dude

Speed_Kills347August 22, 2016 02:56PM

I think Thomas is PS headed

Hazlet Hacksaw426August 22, 2016 12:38PM

Re: I think Thomas is PS headed