Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Here were our biggest positional questions pre camp...

August 16, 2016 07:50AM
And in no particular order, btw.

QB. Keenum or Goff to start? Can Mannion justify a roster spot? All 3 are looking good, so far. Maybe even quite a bit better than expected after 1 preseason game.

RB. Will Mason be missed? Cunningham, Brown, and Green have pretty much answered THAT question.

LOT. Is GRob gonna look like at least an average player there? Jury still out, but I'm encouraged by what I saw vs Cowboys.

C. Is there anyone decent behind Barnes? Well, Kush sure looked good there Saturday to me.

TE. Is Higbee the real deal or just a practice player? I think that question has been convincingly answered.

WR. Mixed bag here, so far. Love Spruce. Williams and McRoberts kinda flashed. Too little to go on with Quick, so far. Cooper and Thomas were both thuds.

DL. Almost too much talent, huh? Longacre and Westbrooks are making statements. Seau, too.

LB. I'm uneasy about Ogletree at MLB, despite Fisher's kind words. I need to be convinced, still. The backups didn't stand out or flash as we've seen players at other positions do, either.

CB. Sure hope Gaines is healthy and returns to his '14 form. Otherwise, it looks iffy to me. Joyner looks like a slot CB only. Sensabaugh disappointed me. I think Roberson is an okay backup. There have been flashes from J Washington, Hill, and Jordan. So our cupboard is not exactly bare.

S. Jury is still out, I think. If it's gonna be a TJM and Mo tandem, I would sure like to see some play that more reassures me. Maybe the D was just being deliberately vanilla to determine exactly what each player can and cannot yet do, as has been speculated?

Overall, pretty danged encouraging, don't you think?

My "jury out" list is a fairly short one, currently.

WR
LB (specifically Ogletree)
CB
S

And all 4 of those could possibly be cleared up as soon as the Chief game.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Here were our biggest positional questions pre camp...

Rams43704August 16, 2016 07:50AM

Re: Here were our biggest positional questions pre camp...

SoCalRAMatic427August 16, 2016 08:14AM