Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramzee's Tues 8/9 camp report...

August 11, 2016 10:20AM
Here's Ramzee...

Finally getting to a camp report. I'll keep it short and sweet. I have another camp to get to early this morning and the drive is loooooooong.

I got to meet up with Elvis, Hacksaw_64 and ramsman34 again on Tuesday and we got to hang out in the VIP tent. Really nice view! Thanks guys and the SoCal Rams Booster Club for hooking that up! It was a great experience.

I was skeptical of leaving my house because it was just north of the Pilot Fire and in the voluntary evac zone. Yikes! All is well though. I went to Rams Camp anyways and the fire kept on going NorthEast of us.

The big story out of Rams camp on Tuesday was Jared Goff taking reps with the 1's in the 2 minute drill. No starting QB in this league is giving up important reps like that unless there's a chance he may not be the starting QB for much longer. Goff has been making strides in camp. On Friday vs the 2's, Goff had 3 potential INT's during the 2 minute drill portion before throwing a nice TD on a fade to end the drill. On Tuesday, no such errors. A nice improvement over the course of a few days. He's starting to look more comfortable out there but he's going to need as many reps as possible to get ready if he's to play this season.

By the time I got to camp, I was already 30 mins late. I wanted to see the OL vs DL drills but it was too far off on the other field so I focused on the LBers vs TE's and HB's. Unfortunately, no pics of that. I forgot to format my memory card before going in, since I was late and did it after that portion of practice. The big thing I took from this drill though is that our new rookie TE can block! Higbee isn't just a receiving threat. He plays with great leverage, gets nice and square, mirrors and shuffles his feet well. He doesn't wait to catch defenders either and has a nice punch. Hemingway OTOH got blown up by Mark Barron on a solid bullrush. He just exploded right into him and jolted him heavily backwards, into a would-be QB.

I'll have to post more when I get more time. Maybe even get to some pics. Sheesh, this camp stuff takes forever... I haven't even resized the images yet so I can post them online lol. Just getting done with that now while typing up this. Booooooooooo.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramzee's Tues 8/9 camp report...

Rams43875August 11, 2016 10:20AM

Re: Ramzee's Tues 8/9 camp report...

Rams43453August 11, 2016 10:23AM

Re: Ramzee's Tues 8/9 camp report...

napoli578August 11, 2016 11:13AM

Hemingway will be a wasted pick IMO...

PaulButcher59458August 11, 2016 12:20PM

Re: Hemingway will be a wasted pick IMO...

LMU93396August 11, 2016 12:47PM