Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Greg Zuerlein in need of bounce-back year

August 11, 2016 08:11AM
SoCalRAMatic
Actually GZ is a great subject. Seemed like a future HOF as a rookie with the combo of incredible power and accuracy. He made all his kicks for a good portion of that first season. I know he was injured. How big a part does that play? Are we going for too many super long ones? Maybe trying and missing 60 yarders shakes his confidence in the gimmees. Does he need to practice more or less?
Does he need different shoes? We need him to be a great kicker. If he has a big season we make the playoffs. So what do you think is wrong?

I dunno, SoCal.

What I do know is that GZ missed 3 of 8 from 40-49 yards last year. Those are the bread and butter FG's that a top kicker is expected to make consistently.

I also know that his overall percentages have declined over each of the previous 2 seasons. That's troubling.

I believe he missed make able kicks that cost us 2 games last year.

Now he's going from the perfect indoor conditions for the 8 home games to the outdoors.

And still Fisher has reneged on his promise to bring in serious competition for GZ. Is Fisher that stubborn? Or does he have some type of subconscious career death wish? Sigh...
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Greg Zuerlein in need of bounce-back year

RamBill729August 10, 2016 07:42PM

SoCalRAMatic352August 11, 2016 07:24AM

Rams43267August 11, 2016 08:11AM