Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A very nice Wed 8/3 camp report by Ramzee...

August 05, 2016 02:53PM
Just a reminder, to avoid confusion. This is a Wed camp report...

Here's Ramzee...

The day was very nice. The weather out there is great. Kind of overcast most of the day. The crowd was much larger today than on Tuesday and a lil more vocal.

The Rams started off camp doing warm ups and then cut to WR drills on one side with QB's warming up in the end zone on one field and the OL and DL warming up on the other field. I think DB's were doing press drills and the HB's were blocking on the sidelines.

They cut to QB's doing handoffs to the HB's. Tavon was taking reps in that line. Then the WR's took turn running routes. Basically the field is divided in half and two QB's take either side with half of the WR's. Then they run routes up and down the field. They did some stuff in the end zone, stuff in the middle of the field. They'd all take turn taking reps. It's all rather quick.

Tavon is cutting on a dime on his routes. I can see sequences of pics where he is cutting right along the lines, textbook style. For a guy with his quickness and acceleration, he's going to be deadly. They also have increased Tavon's route tree. At least in practice. He's running more routes down the field than I'm used to seeing him run. Deep outs, corners, stuff like that.

You can see on his cut right here how he is staying perfect with the line. Very sharp cuts in the pics I'm seeing. Good to see. He has been absolutely electric with the ball in his hands too. Tavon Awesome is exactly who you think he is but he has seemed to improved even.

Spruce seems to be catching everything his way. He's a natural hands catcher as far as I can tell. Good ability to pluck the ball away from his body and tuck it in. Most of the WR's looked good in the short route running drill.

Here is rookie #1 overall pick QB (#16) Jared Goff opening up on a throw during WR route running drills.

They went into 11 on 11's after that. I'll type up all of that in the next post.

Here's the rest of Ramzee's Wed camp report...

I need to get running to fridays practice unfortunately. Full write up later.

Gist of the story is this... I'll add pictures later and write more.

- Goff with 3 INT's in 2 minute drill and a nice TD to finish up his run. The other QB's didn't struggle as badly but the defense certainly could have had several turnovers over the event for all of the QB's. Mannion had a few picks too.

- Todd Gurley can score from just about anywhere. He's dominant. The OL is opening up holes too.

- GRob looks good. Still has some inconsistency issues. Where one play he's opening up a 50 yard hole for Gurley to run through and the next play he's letting his guy blow up Gurley in the back field. More good than bad though for sure. GRob can dominant as he wants to be.

- Quinn seems back. He was blowing up passes and running plays.

- The rookie WR's are an interesting battle. I like Duke Williams, Michael Thomas and Nelson Spruce. Cooper needs to get on the field and start competing. These other guys are already making names for themselves. Thomas standing out most specifically.

- Quick is your red zone target. Like it or not. He gets all the attention in the drills. They will rely on him there. He's been producing too. Although Cody Sensabaugh got him on one jump ball but the ball could have been thrown a lil better. Quick's technique is there. He's using his body to shield defenders well. Attacking and high pointing the ball. Good awareness on his feet placement to get them in bounds. He's effective. Hopefully he is who they wanted him to be now.

- Keenum is your most consistent QB performer right now. If I had to start a QB today, it's him.

- Motion, we saw motion today.

- We also saw screen passes. Many.

- Higbee wasn't doing much today but the other TE's were. Harkey and Cunningham get a lot of targets and have been scoring too.

- Donald is a monster. Better than last year? I think so. AGAIN, they've been dropping him into zones a lot. Multiple times that day. He's getting a lot of reps doing it and looks like he could make some noise there.

- Ethan Westbrooks makes plays. He has been known to penetrate the backfield from time to time.

- RT (#77) Isaiah Battle is a big guy. Very big. And nasty too. He's making a lil noise at RT in the run game. Blew up Westbrooks on one play.

I'll type up more later.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A very nice Wed 8/3 camp report by Ramzee...

Rams43825August 05, 2016 02:53PM

Was it Ram43 who just asked what interests us most?

JamesJM393August 05, 2016 03:27PM