Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A way too early prediction on the Rams 53 roster

July 25, 2016 06:07AM
Ok, I'm willing to step out BEFORE training camp and predict the Roster.

Here it is:

QB 3 Goff, Keenum, Mannion

RB 4 Gurley, Cunningham, Brown, Reynolds

WR 6 Austin, Britt, Cooper, Spruce, Marquez, Thomas

TE 4 Harkey, Kendricks, Higbee, Hemmingway

OL 10 Robinson, Saffold, Barnes, Brown, Havenstein, Reynolds, Donnal, Wichman, Battle, Williams

DL 8 Quinn, Brockers, Donald, Hayes, Simms, Easley, Westbrook, Coples

LB 6 Ogletree, Barron, Ayers, Lynch, Forest, Hagar

DB 9 Johnson, Gaines, Sensabaugh, Roberson, Joyner, MacDonald, Alexander, Bryant, Davis

STs 3 GZ, Hekker, McQuaid

Comments:

1) I don't think Quick makes it.....his time has passed and they have cheaper options.
2) I suspect that one of Donnal or Wichman (maybe Saffold, too) is groomed to be the back-up Center. Rhaney is not able to handle big NTs and DTs particularly as a back-up OG.
3) I see the battle as close between Randolf and Bryant to remain on the roster at FS. Randolf to the PS.
4) I suspect Williams will outshine Battle; but no way they can cut Battle and get him to the PS. Williams is going to give Robinson a real go for the starting LT position.
5) They may have to carry one extra DB if MacDonald's personal issues keep him off the team; or perhaps there is a category to put him in that keeps him but doesn't count against the 53.
6) Spruce is going to be one of Goff's most reliable targets for the short to intermediate routes; a true Possession WR who can play out of the slot or out wide. They keep Marquez mostly because of STs. But Spruce will do well on STs as well.
7) One of my biggest guesses is the 4th RB slot. The problem is that Green is dynamic but will make it only if he excels on STs, otherwise it is the PS for him. I know that Reynolds is good on STs, but he is not adequate at RB. Still, he can take a handoff and not make mistakes. So for the 53, Reynolds probably make the most sense.
8) With the new 25 yard line KO touchback rule, the Kicker needs to be decided based on his 43 yards and in accuracy. Unless GZ becomes deadly at that range (forget the highlight reel 60 yard FG nonsense), which I doubt, then a long Kick Off guy is less valuable. Besides, if GZ kicks the intermediate range FGs at league average success rate, the Rams win at least 2 more games last year.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A way too early prediction on the Rams 53 roster

RockRam1049July 25, 2016 06:07AM

Re: A way too early prediction on the Rams 53 roster

Rams43504July 25, 2016 09:24AM

subtract Reynolds and Marquez

TonyHunter87632July 25, 2016 10:25AM

Re: A way too early prediction on the Rams 53 roster

oldmanram698July 25, 2016 11:19PM