Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout LB Combine Analysis

March 10, 2024 02:54PM
Right off the bat, I'm going to say that my coverage got cut off. I was new to Youtube's style and apparently it was shown live, but the re broadcasts were limited to drive money to NFL plus. Rude. So I did not see the drills ... Good news? THis is the least important group for drills. The tape shows me basically everything I need to see.

I like a lot fo these players, and I'm happy for me/sad for them that the position has been so devalued. I'm glad to have their numbers, which show special teams capability and either matches or doesn't what I saw on the field. Also ... most LBs are multi year starters, more than most other positions. So I generally have YEARS of tape in my head.

Also, where's Mitchell, the UCONN kid?

Again noting the the numbers are snap count and PF grade for the year ...

Assume I'd consider them late, but may not need to because many will go undrafted due to lack of need.

Cedric Gray North Carolina 880 74.0 Tape is good. I think 3 year starter. 4.64 40 1.59 split ... decent burst not crazy. Plays downhill best filling gaps. No idea who likes him, but he's on my lst in the 6th.

Curtis Jacobs Penn State 451 64.8 Better athlete ... 4.58 ... plus on vert and broad. Tough to really gauge becauase he's been the 2 in PSUs defense at that level with Abdul Carter being a true phenom.

Darius Muasau UCLA 670 82.5 I was not really a fan ... and he's not that much of an athlete. Note the PFF grade though.

Easton Gibbs Wyoming 848 78.5 I don't think I have him draftable. I like the last two MLBs there but he's light on altheticism ... I'm not trying to harsh, but there is very little differentiating average from not making a team ...

Edefuan Ulofoshio Washington 615 79.8 So ... here we have a good PFF grade and good athleticism with a 4.56 and 39 vert. I'd know more if I saw his short shuttle and 3 cone ... but players on that defense get lost easily because everyone makes plays. I never just sat and watched him.

Edgerrin Cooper Texas A&M 609 90.8 This is a dude. If I had been their D coordinator, I'm making this guy an edge because of his bend and speed. They didn't, but he'll still likely go high to a team like the Ravens who understands how tyo maximize production from talented LBs. I mean, 34 inch arms at 6-3 230 ... just put ten pounds on him and he could have been Von Miller. 4.51 40. 1.54 split.

Jaylan Ford Texas 797 67.2 6-3 240 no 40 ... avg. burst numbers (35 and 10 are my avg and he's close) ... he has solid tape. arrives angry, good closing speed, instinctive. I don't get the PFF #.

JD Bertrand Notre Dame 647 82.4 6-1 235 20 reps ... no #s. He had a solid senior bowl week, but I can't see him being drafted earlier than the 7th.

Jeremiah Trotter Jr. Clemson 689 85.7 Interesting case. Coming in he was hot ... then kinda got outplayed by his running mate Coleman. Didn't run a 40 or do burst drills, may have been dinged because from my view he would have been fine there. 7.13 3 cone 4.4 short shuttle. Why didn't he test? I don't know how far he falls ...

Jontrey Hunter Georgia State 722 76.9 6-2 236 ... below avg. testing #s. Practice squad and weight room?

Jordan Magee Temple 557 87.2 I think I have seen Temple once in two years ... that's on me. 6-1 228 4.55 1.54 34.5 v ... he breaks even. Again, why draft him when you can just have him walk on.

Junior Colson Michigan 662 81.7 Riser in the process ... might be the 2nd taken depending on how people feel about Wilson's injuries. No testing #s but they'd likely be good .. not too worried there. 6-2 238 so plenty of size and pop.

Kalen DeLoach Florida State 563 73.5 I had him at safety mostly, but I can see him moving down into the box as a chase LB ... he doesn't have great range. At 4.47 he tested better than I thought at 210- lbs but his burst numbers aren't great. I trust him on wheel routes.

Maema Njongmeta Wisconsin 496 76.2 If someone's gonna run a 4.9 they shouldn't come to the combine.

Marist Liufau Notre Dame 595 74.4 6-2 234 and played meaningful snaps at ND ... better athlete than Bertrand and may have a career IMO.

Michael Barrett Michigan 598 84.3 5-11 233 ... issues have been injuries so I doubt he gets drafted ... no test #s. He's made a ton of smash plays and his PFF shows out ... I am a fan ... just want him as a UDFA.

Nathaniel Watson Mississippi State 740 73.1 I was glad his burst numbers were low. He's my main target. Guys has a good nose, he had 10 sacks as an off ball LB ... how on Earth did he get those in the SEC? 4.63 40 ...

Payton Wilson N.C. State 715 89.9 Ah the cream of the crop. Butkus winner. 4.43 40 yall, registered a gps of 23 mph during the year. 6-4 233. Decent burst not great ... but it doesn't matter. Sacks are part of his game, as is coverage. He does everything, and there may not have been a single more impactful player on his team in college football. Injuries are the issue.

Steele Chambers Ohio State 650 63.3 6-1 226 with 3 cone and Short shuttle goods. No 40 ... 6-1 226. Likely our type.

Tatum Bethune Florida State 489 76.0 5-11 229 ... 16 reps no other #s ... I don't think he gets drafted.

Tommy Eichenberg Ohio State 607 62.3 6-3 233 4.24 short shuttle ... All about intelligence and quickness.

Trevin Wallace Kentucky 668 61.0 Love his tape and his motivational presence ... 4.51 40 37 vert ... definitely on my short list.

Ty'Ron Hopper Missouri 562 53.1 6-2 231 ... no #s ... I feel like he showed up heavy and didn't want to run at that weight. He payed at 221 from what I remember. He is a good leader and frustrated a LOT of RBs thumping in the SEC. He's on my list ... later the better.

Tyrice Knight UTEP 778 83.0 4.63 6-1 233 7.25 3 cone ... I like the numbers ... he made himself draftable by being special teams available as an athlete ...

Questions and comments welcome ... Edge to finish up ... if you're looking for any of these as free agency buries these ... "Blinkscout combine"

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout LB Combine Analysis

alyoshamucci245March 10, 2024 02:54PM

Thanks again Brother as its Always Appreciated !

BerendsenRam28March 10, 2024 02:56PM