Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I loved the aggressive physical style by Spag's D!!!

February 12, 2024 01:35PM
So much for all that BS we were told that "pressure defenses" don't work in the NFL and the Charmin Shell is the "way to go"! We were told playing man and pressure concepts let you give up too many big plays! BS! I didn't buy it then and I really don't buy it now.

It has been working pretty well for the Chiefs, hasn't it??? And guess what? That "pressure defense" beat those whiners twice in the last 4 years in the biggest games possible!

Spag's blitzed on 3rd down 64% of the time and Purdy's QBR was 29 on those downs.

Spag's D played aggressive and physical and was very successful. They swarmed to the ball. Tackled well and played to inflict punishment. They beat up the bully before the bully could beat them up! Something our soft defense hasn't been able to do in a LONG time!!!

I would love it if our D played like that and was that physical. You can't do that playing 10 yards off the LOS.

I am hoping we see a change from the defense we run to something more resembling Spag's style. Maybe we can finally start beating those whining POS's!!! beer cheer smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2024 02:25PM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I loved the aggressive physical style by Spag's D!!!

Ramsdude177February 12, 2024 01:35PM

Is that 64% on 3rd downs accurate?

JamesJM65February 12, 2024 01:51PM

That's what they showed on NFL Live on ESPN

Ramsdude59February 12, 2024 02:04PM

What I'd love to know.... is did Spags....

JamesJM61February 12, 2024 02:08PM

Good question

Ramsdude44February 12, 2024 02:31PM

Re: Pass vs. run late with CMC

mtramfan66February 12, 2024 04:03PM

Re: I loved the aggressive physical style by Spag's D!!!

mtramfan75February 12, 2024 01:55PM

Glad you brought this up

JamesJM43February 12, 2024 02:48PM

Re: I loved the aggressive physical style by Spag's D!!!

kw1341February 12, 2024 04:23PM

Here's the rub that most in here are not going to like

RamsDynasty47February 13, 2024 05:59AM