Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good question

February 12, 2024 02:31PM
JamesJM
at the start of the 3rd anticipate the Niners getting away from McC and the run and basically turning the game over to Purdy? Because it sure seems he must have with all that blitzing. That entire 3rd I kept muttering "McC is going to make them pay for this" and it never happened..... the Niners just kept stressing Purdy... albeit McC did join the passing game... might have been their leading receiver? - JamesJM

They did talk about how Spags was playing to take away the run especially on first and second downs.

Spags is a pretty good DC. A horrible HC, LOL, but the dude does know defense and his "system" has been successful for a VERY long time so that tells me you can win with a Pressure style D. You don't have to play scared worrying about giving up a big play.

I always loved a good aggressive defense with guys who hit hard and tackled well. The Rams have had many great DC's. One of my fav's was Fritz Shurmur.

He was a very creative guy. The game plan he had for Randal Cunningham in '89 was brilliant! beer cheer smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I loved the aggressive physical style by Spag's D!!!

Ramsdude181February 12, 2024 01:35PM

Is that 64% on 3rd downs accurate?

JamesJM67February 12, 2024 01:51PM

That's what they showed on NFL Live on ESPN

Ramsdude60February 12, 2024 02:04PM

What I'd love to know.... is did Spags....

JamesJM63February 12, 2024 02:08PM

Good question

Ramsdude44February 12, 2024 02:31PM

Re: Pass vs. run late with CMC

mtramfan68February 12, 2024 04:03PM

Re: I loved the aggressive physical style by Spag's D!!!

mtramfan75February 12, 2024 01:55PM

Glad you brought this up

JamesJM45February 12, 2024 02:48PM

Re: I loved the aggressive physical style by Spag's D!!!

kw1341February 12, 2024 04:23PM

Here's the rub that most in here are not going to like

RamsDynasty47February 13, 2024 05:59AM