Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tommy DeVito’s agent got mad when Rams drafted Stetson Bennett…

December 13, 2023 06:23AM
Tommy DeVito’s agent got mad when the Rams drafted Stetson Bennett
“C’mon, man. This kid is better,” says Tommy DeVito’s agent of the Rams picking Stetson Bennett instead

[www.turfshowtimes.com]

Kenneth Arthur

I do not know who is trending higher right now, Giants quarterback Tommy DeVito or his time traveling agent Sean Stellato. But according to Stellato, he’s shocked that DeVito is playing in New York instead of Los Angeles, or really any other city. DeVito went undrafted this past April, so every team passed on him many times but no quarterback pick shocked him more than when the Rams picked Stetson Bennett in the fourth round instead of his client, DeVito.

In an interview with NFL Network’s Peter Schrager on Tuesday, Stellato was asked about going through the draft process and DeVito getting passed over by every team. He made it a point to say that he was stunned when the Rams picked Bennett:

“I remember when the Rams took Stetson Bennett, I said ‘C’mon, man. This kid is better. I know he didn’t win the national championship.”

For now, it appears that the Rams do not have a quarterback who is developing at all, while the Giants have a rising star on their hands. It was during DeVito’s third straight win as New York’s starting quarterback, Monday night’s 24-22 victory over the Green Bay Packers, that the world became just as fixated on the quarterback’s zoot suit agent as the player himself.

DeVito went 17-of-21 for 158 yards and a touchdown with 71 rushing yards, leading the Giants on a game-winning drive for the second time in as many games. On the season, DeVito has completed 66% of his attempts with eight touchdowns, three interceptions, a passer rating of 96.5 and 154 rushing yards with a touchdown. Compare those numbers to the $160 million Daniel Jones, who had two touchdowns and six interceptions in six games prior to landing on injured reserve.

DeVito has won as many starts in his last three games as Jones has won in his last 14 regular season appearances.

Will the dream die for DeVito as it has for Josh Dobbs, or is he another overlooked star like Brock Purdy? It’s too soon to tell, but he’s ahead of Bennett and most other quarterbacks drafted in 2023.

Bennett was the second quarterback picked on day three, going one selection after the Saints chose Jake Haener and neither player is off to the start that a franchise would hope for: Haener was suspended six games for a failed drug test and has yet to be activated to the 53-man roster, Bennett was placed on Non-Football Injury List for undisclosed reasons.

The other fourth round pick, Las Vegas’s Aidan O’Connell, is the Raiders current starter but unsurprisingly struggling.

It’s not only day three quarterbacks.

With one more touchdown pass, DeVito would already tie first overall pick Bryce Young for the second-most among rookie quarterbacks. Only C.J. Stroud, a Pro Bowl candidate with 20 touchdowns and only five interceptions, is helping his team to a significant degree in 2023. DeVito has already started as many wins as Young and Anthony Richardson combined.

Should the Rams have drafted DeVito instead of Bennett? Time will tell.

DeVito’s agent can only tell us about the past. Not the future.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Tommy DeVito’s agent got mad when Rams drafted Stetson Bennett…

Rams43320December 13, 2023 06:23AM

In Fairness I Never Thought Much of DeVito

den-the-coach87December 13, 2023 06:54AM

Re: In Fairness I Never Thought Much of DeVito

Ohiorams82December 13, 2023 07:07AM

den-the-coach65December 13, 2023 07:30AM

Old Goat46December 13, 2023 07:33AM

Re:This DiVito guy:

mtramfan61December 13, 2023 11:22AM

Hogwash.

RockRam105December 13, 2023 07:36AM

Re: Hogwash.

den-the-coach62December 13, 2023 08:24AM

Re: Hogwash.

Old Goat50December 13, 2023 08:25AM

Purdy & DeVito

den-the-coach58December 13, 2023 10:11AM

Re: Purdy & DeVito

Old Goat49December 13, 2023 11:07AM

Re: Purdy & DeVito

mtramfan43December 13, 2023 11:43AM

He's been ok - they don't ask him to throw too much

promomasterj45December 13, 2023 11:10AM

He's been ok - they don't ask him to throw too much

promomasterj44December 13, 2023 11:11AM

Re: Tommy DeVito’s agent shouldn't get too mad...

mtramfan51December 13, 2023 11:32AM