Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ernest Jones is prepared to be a leader on the Rams' defense in 2023

April 17, 2023 01:18PM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Ernest Jones is prepared to be a leader on the Rams' defense in 2023

Skyler Carlin
April 17, 2023 2:49 pm PT
The Los Angeles Rams are going to have a new-look defense in 2023 and they’ll need some of their younger players to step into larger roles. Following the release of Bobby Wagner earlier this offseason, Ernest Jones says he is prepared to be a vocal leader for the Rams in the upcoming season.

Rams LB Ernest Jones: "I want to just make sure that when I'm leading this defense, that I am the voice of this defense and making sure that I give them everything that I got, because I know they're gonna do the same for me."

— Stu Jackson (@StuJRams) April 17, 2023

Jones is entering his third season with the Rams after the team used the 103rd overall pick in the 2021 NFL draft to select him. After showing flashes in his rookie season, Jones tallied 114 tackles, four tackles for loss, two pass breakups, and an interception in 2022.

During the 2022 season, Jones got an opportunity to play alongside a future Hall of Fame linebacker in Wagner. Not only did the young linebacker get a chance to see how Wagner carried himself on the field, but he also witnessed how Wagner was a leader off of the field.

Aside from Aaron Donald, Jones is now one of the most proven defenders on the Rams’ current defense. With the Rams looking to lean on some of their younger players moving forward, Jones is transitioning well into a leadership role this offseason.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ernest Jones is prepared to be a leader on the Rams' defense in 2023

BerendsenRam135April 17, 2023 01:18PM

This is our guy.

alyoshamucci104April 17, 2023 03:04PM

My big worry

Paco70103April 18, 2023 01:50AM

Re: My big worry

den-the-coach79April 18, 2023 02:31AM