Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A juicy post offered up by Oldnotdead…

February 10, 2023 06:37AM
Here’s Oldnotdead…

The Rams will always be Super Bowl champs. After Sunday they simply won't be the current ones. When a player retires the title and accolades go with him, which is why the players value it so much. It's my IMO Stafford has accomplished all he wanted to to in LA. He can retire any time and still be known as a Super Bowl winning QB. It's why IMO Snead needs to hold on to Mayfield for one more year.

In 2004 the Rams can handle the cap hit if Stafford retires. Mayfield needs a whole year to learn the offense and the WRs. If Baker knows he's the Ram's starter in 2024 he stays. If Baker stays he becomes what they hoped Goff would. Goff simply wasn't a good fit for McVay. We have seen him blossom in Detroit. Mayfield and Goff are basically equivalents in terms of talent. The difference is McVay wants Mayfield whereas he inherited Goff. If Baker stays and becomes the starter in 2024 we will see what this team would have been under Goff had things gone right, i.e. had McVay done more to tailor the offense to Goff's skillset.

If Morris is hired by Indy or is let go, I think Henderson would be a good fit at DC. If he is DC I expect McVay to draft DL in the second round, and it might not be an edge. If a player like Bryan Bresee is there when they pick in the second round they could go with him. They could be drafting AD's replacement so they should be able to get a very good 3T early in the second round and simply move AD to DE. Moving AD to DE might encourage him to stay 2 more years instead of just one more. He won't be facing double teams on each snap. Snead has a habit of drafting a player to fill a position he anticipates coming open a year before it does. That's why I think he could be drafting a DT 3T in the second round.

By the way I find it interesting that Morris' two proteges were fired in January. Morris specifically brought Lance Schulters and Skyler Jones along with him from Atlanta. I'm hoping that the only reason Morris is still here is because of Indy and the prospect of comp picks. They can promote Henderson to DC. I find it very interesting that the media hasn't really picked up on this. Why would they quietly fire these two and not the guy that brought them along with him?

But I think signing LaFleur could see them taking a RB in the third round (in anticipation of getting a 3rd rd comp pick). Just like bringing in Caley to coach TEs could see them drafting a TE in a TE heavy draft this year.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A juicy post offered up by Oldnotdead…

Rams43667February 10, 2023 06:37AM

pathetic Attachments

JimYoungblood53255February 10, 2023 06:46AM

This excerpt alone makes this post worthy of being imported, imo…

Rams43249February 10, 2023 07:13AM

I gotta say..

RustyRay156February 10, 2023 12:18PM

Re: I gotta say..

Rams4377February 10, 2023 12:37PM

Re: pathetic

h2omelonhead108February 10, 2023 02:53PM

Aaron Donald is generational player

JimYoungblood5363February 10, 2023 04:28PM

SoCalRAMatic96February 10, 2023 04:32PM