Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Merlin with a nice mini-review of Broncos game…

December 25, 2022 04:29PM
Here’s Merlin…

Once they get Durant playing better run defense out there we're going to have a hell of a corner. Good piece to build around. He's a real danger to QBs out there which is exactly what this secondary has needed.

Noticed late when Kendricks came in, on that run that broke outside, he conveniently turned around the opposite direction and half-assed it to the ball carrier. It was garbage time at that point but still, that's the kind of thing that turns me off in a player. Now maybe he did good things outside of that play, will admit it's not like I nuked the film or anything. But meh.

Mayfield played a damn near perfect game for what was there tonight. Also his timing and eye control made the short passes very dangerous.

Denver is not a @#$%& defense. They're 3rd overall in scoring with 18.1 ppg allowed. They're 1st overall in TD rate allowed in the redzone at 37.50%. They're 1st overall in passer rating allowed at 75.9 which is a great overall metric that shows how tough a defense is to play. Their run defense isn't great but it's middle of the pack so all things considered the Rams OL deserves a group game ball for their performance along with Mayfield.

Oh and re: Akers did you see how he got stronger as the game goes on? There are two types of backs in this league... Backs that can get stronger as the game goes on and take it over as the defense tires, and backs that cannot.

This was one hell of a nice win tonight.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Merlin with a nice mini-review of Broncos game…

Rams43401December 25, 2022 04:29PM

Kupped has a quickie review, too…

Rams43159December 25, 2022 08:35PM

Re: Kupped has a quickie review, too…

David Deacon69December 26, 2022 04:30AM

The game plan...I don't know...

JamesJM64December 26, 2022 05:31AM