Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Baker Mayfield re-scheduling his Christmas festivities to bring Rams a win in Week 16

December 22, 2022 01:16PM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Baker Mayfield re-scheduling his Christmas festivities to bring Rams a win in Week 16

John Dillon
December 22, 2022 2:07 pm PT
The Los Angeles Rams need a win in the worst way, and starting quarterback Baker Mayfield is willing to do anything necessary to bring them one on Christmas day, even if it means re-scheduling his holiday celebration. Mayfield, a former first-overall pick by way of the Cleveland Browns, will be spending his first Christmas in the City of Angels after being claimed off waivers by the Rams on December 6th.

Speaking to reporters on Wednesday, Mayfield fielded a question about his plans for the Christmas holiday and was asked if he was able to work something out with his family to be able to celebrate with him in Los Angeles. His answer may surprise some fans, who were unaware of what he is willing to sacrifice to get Los Angeles back on track before the season ends.

“It’s going to be a little bit different for me, but roll with the punches,” Mayfield explained. “We’re rescheduling some stuff but I’ll be around. My wife’s family, they’ll be in Omaha (Nebraska), my family will be in Texas. It’s the way it works out. It’s a little sacrifice for the short time period, but it’s worth it. Yeah, it’s a little different. But families understand that, you get over it. We’ll celebrate and get together after the season.”

For a player getting ready to play in just his third game for his new team, Mayfield seemed awfully fired up to be able to see the field this weekend, even if it meant that he would have to be away from his family for Christmas. For a fanbase hungry for their team to win in their final weeks as the defending Super Bowl champions, the quarterback’s comments should buy him some cache with the Rams faithful as Los Angeles looks to rebuild in 2023.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Baker Mayfield re-scheduling his Christmas festivities to bring Rams a win in Week 16

BerendsenRam163December 22, 2022 01:16PM