Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Random thoughts....McVay

November 07, 2022 02:03AM
I really believe McVay is going through some growing pains and it's obvious that he has lost his confidence this year. He made a terrible mistake by not upgrading his OLine in the offseason and by making some stupid draft picks. That's on Snead too. Tutu? Really? There were good offensive lineman to be had with that pick.

It doesn't help that the OLine men that we had starting were hammered with injuries, but I think it's obvious that McVay has lost his confidence because he can't establish a run game and do the things he wants to do.

This current situation reminds me of back in the late 90's when Vermeil took over a perennial sub-500 team. The Rams continued to suck for years before the FO and Owner gave Vermeil and ultimatum to completely revamp his coaching staff or he would be let go too. And that he did. He filled the coaching staff with coaches that had head coaching experience except for Martz, and were great and their assigned rolls. Al Saunder Peter Guinea, Mike White, Frank Gantz, and Jim Hannifan (HOF OLine coach). Then in 1999 the GSOT was born. I believe if Vermeil hadn't retired after the Super Bowl, we would have had quite a dynasty run.

Anyway, I think McVay could use that same ultimatum. Get this crap straightened out or there's the door. I don't want to see McVay leave. We've been to 2 SB's and unexpectedly won last year. Things can turn around fast in this league. In 99 we went from worst to historically one of the most dynamic offenses in history. Now we've gone from best to worst. But I don't believe we need an entire player rebuild. That would set us back a long time. The coaching is another story. This season isn't over yet and I'm not giving up. We lost 3 of 4 last Nov and still won the SB. This team isn't a SB team but there is still time to right the ship. I hate our defensive scheme, but for the most part it's been working. We need to score points ! Not sure what's wrong with Stafford but I hope he gets it together. McVay said it's time for changes and I hope he's dead serious !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2022 02:03AM by illini_ram.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Random thoughts....McVay

illini_ram363November 07, 2022 02:03AM

Re: Random thoughts....McVay

dodgerram174November 07, 2022 02:10AM

Re: Random thoughts....McVay

illini_ram143November 07, 2022 02:53AM

I'll catch hell for this but I always thought the GSOT O line was average, outside of Pace.

Ramgator156November 07, 2022 03:07AM

Re: I'll catch hell for this but I always thought the GSOT O line was average, outside of Pace.

illini_ram134November 07, 2022 03:26AM