Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Look: Breakdown of Cooper Kupp's route tree from 2021

July 13, 2022 09:11AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Look: Breakdown of Cooper Kupp's route tree from 2021

Cameron DaSilva
July 13, 2022 7:20 am PT

Cooper Kupp proved last year that he’s much more than just your average slot receiver. Sure, most of his snaps came from a slot alignment, but he didn’t just run option routes and quick slants.

In fact, Kupp probably ran a more diverse collection of routes than most receivers last season. He was a downfield threat, he gained big yardage after the catch and he lined up just about everywhere on the field.

Matt Harmon broke down Kupp’s route tree from last season, showing his success rate on the left and his route percentage on the right. As you can see, he ran a high rate of posts, flats and screens, as well as plenty of out routes. And he had success on all of those routes.

Really, the only routes he didn’t excel at were comebacks and curls, and he didn’t even run them all that often compared to other receivers.

Kupp’s role evolved in 2021 with Matthew Stafford taking over at quarterback. He was asked to run more downfield routes, taking advantage of Stafford’s aggressiveness and arm strength.

With Allen Robinson now on the roster, Robinson could become more of a deep threat than Kupp, but either way, they’ll both be asked to run routes at all levels of the field.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Look: Breakdown of Cooper Kupp's route tree from 2021

BerendsenRam238July 13, 2022 09:11AM

Re: Look: Breakdown of Cooper Kupp's route tree from 2021

george_allen72July 13, 2022 02:58PM

I truly don't want to be mean, BUT...

JamesJM123July 13, 2022 03:31PM

Re: I truly don't want to be mean, BUT...

Classicalwit71July 13, 2022 05:28PM

I just never understood it...ClassicalWit...

JamesJM111July 13, 2022 05:39PM

Re: I just never understood it...ClassicalWit...

BerendsenRam55July 14, 2022 07:42AM