Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cam Akers won’t be satisfied with his game until he us a top-3 RB in the league…

June 15, 2022 05:36AM
Cam Akers won't be satisfied with his game until he's a top-3 RB in the NFL

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Cameron DaSilva

Cam Akers made a remarkable recovery from a torn Achilles last year, returning to the field less than six months after suffering the injury. He gained 248 total yards in the playoffs, making three starts in the four games he played.

Everyone watching was amazed by his performance, given the circumstances, but he wasn’t close to satisfied with the way he played.

“I just wasn’t happy with my overall postseason performance,” he said after Rams minicamp. “Every playoff game, even the one game in the regular season, I just felt like I left a lot on the field. There was more out there to be had.”

Despite reaching the pinnacle of the sport as a Super Bowl champion, Akers didn’t reward himself with a vacation or a bunch of time off. He’s been at the Rams’ facility working out and training every day at 8 a.m., pushing to be even better in 2022.

“This offseason, I really wanted to focus on being more consistent. Going out every play, every snap and just making sure I put myself in the best position to be successful,” he said. “No vacations. Only one trip home. That’s probably the only time I left L.A. I’ve been here every day working and they can attest to it. 8 o’clock in the morning every day.”

Akers is clearly motivated to be the best player he can this season, but simply putting together a better season than his first two won’t be enough. He still won’t be satisfied. Not until he’s mentioned as one of the three best running backs in the NFL.

“Win first, and I do my part second and I’ll be happy,” Akers said when asked what has to happen for him to feel good about the season. “Until y’all can mention me with the top three running backs in the league, outside of winning, I won’t be happy.”

If Akers can stay healthy and remain the Rams’ workhorse back for the entire season, he has a great chance to ascend as one of the best running backs in the league. Todd Gurley maintained that title while he was with the Rams, and Akers can be a similar player.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Cam Akers won’t be satisfied with his game until he us a top-3 RB in the league…

Rams43227June 15, 2022 05:36AM

I, for one, would have been happier if......

NewMexicoRam210June 15, 2022 06:25AM

Re: I, for one, would have been happier if......

SoCalRAMatic162June 15, 2022 10:17AM

fumbling is a non issue IMO

socalmab195June 15, 2022 10:24AM

Fumbling was an issue in college I believe

Hazlet Hacksaw136June 15, 2022 11:29AM

Re: Fumbling was an issue in college I believe

SoCalRAMatic128June 15, 2022 11:40AM

Ramstien165June 15, 2022 02:05PM

SoCalRAMatic118June 15, 2022 02:10PM