Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Merlin with some thoughts about various Ram position groups in ‘22…

June 01, 2022 05:01AM
Here’s Merlin…

RB room has been upgraded. And I say that as a big fan of Sony. He just isn't McVay's type of back so was never going to be a featured back for us. The Rams are better at the one and two spots than they were thanks to the drafting of Williams. Snead was high on Hendy prior to that draft but Hendy is simply not good enough to carry an offense when called upon and he cannot stay healthy. He will now be a third down back as he always should have been and I hope he shows well in that role so some team will overpay him in FA.

TE is a tough call. I don't know what to expect from Blanton or Hopkins. But I'd call it about the same because even though I did appreciate Mundt he wasn't all that. Problem for this room is that they get their asses kicked by the wideouts in terms of threat in those 12 sets. So it just makes more sense to play 11. Can one of these guys change that? No idea but I am hopeful and again I feel crazy to say it but I really liked Hopkins in this offense in the Super Bowl so if he can block maybe we have something there. And Blanton will factor in too so gonna wait and see who rises to the top but it's going to be one of the best roster spots to watch in camp.

LT is a downgrade most likely. Boom seems to have the pass pro down, but can he stay healthy and how will the run game look. Whit was an iron man and kicked ass in both phases. Unlikely that Boom upgrades us year one, maybe as he settles in down the road but it's ridiculous to me to think it's an upgrade day one.

WR doesn't have much to do with Woods. It's about Odell vs Robinson. Robinson will fit much better in a lot of the ways Woody did, as he's bigger and more physical and has better hands and catch radius. He's a stud possession wideout to my eye at least. Odell is a different receiver, he's more of a threat in some ways, less effective in others like blocking or contested catches but straight-up between the two I would take Robinson because of Odell's knee. It's a no-brainer. Robinson is an enormous upgrade when that is considered.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Merlin with some thoughts about various Ram position groups in ‘22…

Rams43427June 01, 2022 05:01AM

Re: Merlin thoughts

leafnose213June 01, 2022 11:01AM

Re: Merlin with some thoughts about various Ram position groups in ‘22…

droopy139June 01, 2022 02:01PM

Re: Merlin with some thoughts about various Ram position groups in ‘22…

george_allen237June 01, 2022 03:07PM