Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sean McVay calls Bobby Wagner special, says Rams definitely have interest

March 29, 2022 09:30AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Sean McVay calls Bobby Wagner special, says Rams definitely have interest

Cameron DaSilva
March 29, 2022 5:31 am PT

Rams fans have been sitting on the edge of their seats ever since Bobby Wagner paid their team a visit last week. No deal was struck, but there’s still mutual interest in getting a contract done.

Wagner has since visited the Ravens, who are also interested in the six-time All-Pro linebacker. It shouldn’t surprise anyone that there will be competition for Wagner in free agency, and he’s taking his time to make a decision.

While at the annual league meeting in Palm Beach on Tuesday, McVay confirmed the Rams’ interest, as Les Snead has before, too. He called Wagner a “special guy” and said the Rams definitely have interest in signing him.

The Rams don’t have a pressing need at inside linebacker, but they’d like to bring in a proven player to line up alongside Ernest Jones, who’s entering his second season. They also have Travin Howard under contract, but he’s better suited as a sub-package player rather than an every-down linebacker.

According to Peter King of NBC Sports, Wagner is looking for $11 million for one season. The Rams don’t want to sign him at that price, so this could just come down to whether he wants to take a discount to play at home in Los Angeles.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sean McVay calls Bobby Wagner special, says Rams definitely have interest

BerendsenRam234March 29, 2022 09:30AM

Sean McVay on Bobby Wagner "If we can get it worked out, I'd be fired up."

Rams Junkie103March 30, 2022 10:31AM

Re: Sean McVay on Bobby Wagner "If we can get it worked out, I'd be fired up."

BerendsenRam80March 30, 2022 10:47AM

Re: Sean McVay on Bobby Wagner "If we can get it worked out, I'd be fired up."

oldschoolramfan104March 30, 2022 11:10AM