Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So, what do you suppose Snead is focused upon on this Ram roster right now?

March 19, 2022 03:36AM
Hmmmmm…

Well, I’m thinking that there are few actual ‘holes’, really.

Offense

I pretty much think our starters are already onboard. Gonna be some camp battles at RG and TE but that’s just to determine pecking order, don’t you think?

Not sure I can recall when Rams last had an O so clear cut at starter positions in late March.

I’m thinking that they will bring in either a FA or use a draft pick at the following positions in no particular order but even then just for depth:

RB
Interior OL
TE
QB (maybe)

That’s really about it.

Defense

Just a couple of ‘holes’, really. I see a need at edge opposite Floyd to try to replace Miller. Probably a solid FA since the experience is invaluable. Might use a pick there also if someone they like falls to them. No disrespect for Hollins and Garrett intended, but we’ve seen what a strong edge means to this D once Miller got healthy. Garrett flashed as a pass rusher last preseason but can he defend the run adequately? He’s still gotta prove that imo.

An experienced starting CB is likely on Snead’s radar, too. I like Rochell’s potential but at this point he’s unproven. A SB worthy team would be wise to shore that up in the offseason. Slot CB is a bit iffy, too. Long right now is a definite ‘maybe’ and that’s not good enough for a defending SB team. I look for at least one FA to be brought in at CB plus at least one draft pick, possibly as high as our 3rd. The good news is that Snead drafts secondary players very well.

ILB is ‘okay’ with Jones and Howard, I guess, but I’ll bet Snead will either bring in a 2nd tier FA or spend a draft pick there to build depth. A Bobby Wagner signing would be great but I’m not sure that the Rams want him badly enough to pull the trigger.

Fuller and Scott should be okay as starters but I can’t help remembering what a dramatic difference the experienced and crafty Weddle made on D in the playoffs. IOW, I’m wondering if Snead might be thinking about bringing in another FA back there to try to duplicate that settling influence. If not a FA vet then I predict that Snead will draft a FS type somewhere on Day 3.

Punter will be addressed in the draft. This draft reportedly is loaded with good prospects.

To summarize on Ram D needs I guess that Rams only have one ‘hole’ and that’s at edge to replace Miller. That Miller bar is quite high but there are still a few FA options out there if Snead really wants one.

All the other positions could be addressed with ‘depth moves’ during FA or the draft.

Thoughts?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So, what do you suppose Snead is focused upon on this Ram roster right now?

Rams43358March 19, 2022 03:36AM

Re: So, what do you suppose Snead is focused upon on this Ram roster right now?

roman18175March 19, 2022 03:50AM

Ram65 chimes in…

Rams43151March 19, 2022 07:19AM

Stafford, Donald extensions

Ram_Ruler200March 19, 2022 07:37AM

Re: Stafford, Donald extensions

RamsDynasty193March 19, 2022 08:15AM

AlbaNY_Ram137March 19, 2022 08:34AM

Ram_Ruler94March 19, 2022 08:44AM