Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Los Angeles Rams seem destined to play away game in Europe or Mexico in 2022

February 28, 2022 08:53AM
[www.turfshowtimes.com] Los Angeles Rams seem destined to play away game in Europe or Mexico in 2022
The NFL announced five teams hosting international games in 2022, and the Rams play four of them

By Kenneth Arthur@KennethArthuRS Feb 28, 2022, 10:18am CST

Los Angeles Rams v Green Bay Packers
Photo by Patrick McDermott/Getty Images
The NFL announced on Monday, five teams that will be hosting international games in 2022, either in London, Munich, or Mexico City. The Los Angeles Rams were not one of them, but they do have away games against four of the five teams.

You don’t think Roger Goodell wants to send his boys in blue (and gold) to one of these cities, holding the Lombardi trophy?

The announcement includes that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are hosting a game in Munich, Germany; the Arizona Cardinals are hosting a game in Mexico City, Mexico; and the Green Bay Packers, New Orleans Saints, and Jacksonville Jaguars are all hosting games in London, U.K..

The #NFL has announced the five teams that will host international games during the 2022 season. pic.twitter.com/4NcUWAB1Re

— Sunday Night Football on NBC (@SNFonNBC) February 28, 2022
The Rams do not know their 2022 schedule yet but do know their home and away opponents: the Cardinals, Packers, Bucs, and Saints are all road dates for the L.A. Rams in 2022.

The best guess? The Rams are being promoted in Mexico as part of the NFL’s new plan to expand their reach across the globe, so putting an NFC West matchup in Mexico City between Aaron Donald and Kyler Murray would make some sense.

Rams-Packers is going to be one of the preeminent games on the schedule in 2022, assuming Aaron Rodgers doesn’t leave, and that makes it unlikely to land at 8 A.M. on CBS or whatever. With Tom Brady’s retirement and Drew Brees now in his second year at NBC, games against New Orleans and Tampa Bay won’t have as much draw as they did in year’s past, but still features two quality NFC teams at the moment if either of these end up as the game.

We have no official word on it yet, but it may not be crazy to book your trip to Cancun ahead of schedule.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Los Angeles Rams seem destined to play away game in Europe or Mexico in 2022

BerendsenRam404February 28, 2022 08:53AM

Wouldn't surprise me, after all......

NewMexicoRam126February 28, 2022 09:30AM

it kind of would surprise me

RamsDynasty147February 28, 2022 09:33AM

Article: Could the Rams be in line for an international road game in 2022?

BerendsenRam120February 28, 2022 01:55PM

very possible just surprised

RamsDynasty92March 01, 2022 01:53PM

I'm thinking the Rams would lose a home game

NewMexicoRam215March 01, 2022 01:58PM

Re: I'm thinking the Rams would lose a home game

Ramkind92March 01, 2022 02:17PM

Has a super bowl champ

alyoshamucci116March 01, 2022 05:55PM