Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Speaking of oldnotdead…

February 03, 2022 03:04PM
Here’s oldnotdead. Lol.

I'm glad Morris is being more aggressive with his play.

That said the question remains is what took him so long? Was it because the light went on for him? Or was it because of heat from the top? I tend to think it was the latter rather than the former. How he's played the defense during the playoffs isn't how he played them during the season. IMO had he played the D all season long the way he has played them during the playoffs this team probably would have contended for the #1 seed. At the very least the #2 seed would have been likely.

The Niners played what looked like a lot of deep shells with a soft zone underneath hoping their front 4 could get home. Which is why Stafford ate them up as an elite QB would.

I have no doubt Morris will continue this aggressive style in the Super Bowl. My concern is if he is retained will he revert back to his bend and break style next season? IMO he's a "good enough" kind of DC who doesn't care if his defense plays ugly games. As pointed out by others, he doesn't play to his player's strengths, i.e. playing Rapp as a deep safety when his skill set is as an in the box SS. His penchant for playing only one ILB is also concerning.

The interesting counterpoint is that it was actually a good thing that the Rams trailed most of the game. Because Shanny went conservative in his play calling and blitzed less than normal. It was like he kept waiting for Stafford to meltdown. It was his team that bent and broke. He allowed the Rams to hang around long enough to beat the Niners.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Speaking of oldnotdead…

Rams43239February 03, 2022 03:04PM

Re: Speaking of oldnotdead…

JimYoungblood53164February 03, 2022 04:01PM

Re: Speaking of oldnotdead…

Ekern5581February 03, 2022 04:32PM

Yep.

JimYoungblood5350February 03, 2022 04:42PM