Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Odell Beckham Jr. reminds Jalen Ramsey of himself

November 15, 2021 10:11AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Odell Beckham Jr. reminds Jalen Ramsey of himself

Cameron DaSilva
November 15, 2021 11:44 am PT
After Odell Beckham Jr. was waived by the Browns, he was given the opportunity to choose any of the teams that emerged as suitors for him. He wound up picking the Rams, joining a star-studded team with a good chance to win the Super Bowl this year.

Jalen Ramsey was a big part of the recruiting pitch that helped lure Beckham to Los Angeles, getting the receiver on FaceTime before practice and encouraging him to sign with the Rams. Ramsey hasn’t been shy about recruiting players to the Rams when they become available and in the case of Beckham, he saw a receiver who could help the offense.

He even sees a little bit of himself in Beckham.

“Just knowing him personally. He reminds me of like myself, but like offensively. Just his mentality, his will and ambition to be great. And then obviously, he’s gifted – like God has gifted him,” Ramsey said last week. “I know he’s a hard worker as well, it’s not just that he has the talent, but he has the will to develop it and make it a strong skillset for him. So as a receiver, he can do everything. It reminded me of our receivers that we have here already who can do everything. Knowing him and knowing his ambition to win and want to be the best, usually those type of guys like being surrounded by other guys like that.”

Ramsey said he doesn’t know what role he played in helping the Rams land Beckham, but he did say he wants to be teammates with “anybody who I feel is good” – and clearly he thinks Beckham fits that bill.

Chargers safety Derwin James is also in that category for Ramsey as a player he would love to play with. He was partly joking about trying to get him on the Rams, given his contract status with L.A.’s other team.

“If you don’t try, you can’t succeed. So, I just try it,” Ramsey said of recruiting players to L.A. “I’m still working on other people too. You never know. I’m trying to get Derwin in here next. You never know. So no, I’m just joking, but I’m not.”
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Odell Beckham Jr. reminds Jalen Ramsey of himself

BerendsenRam223November 15, 2021 10:11AM