Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 1 PS analysis of backups ...

August 15, 2021 12:53PM
I expected a kinda flat game based on the initial reports I read ... I was happily surprised.

Not going t do my normal good bad and ugly ... gonna go player by player ...

1) Jacob Harris ... He's going to see the field this year. Period. He may have 11 receptions and 11 TDs. He needs some ball security work obviously but that may have been jitters. I don't know that the TE delineation is even something that needs be made.
NOte: I thought his ?slant? or in cut route with the precision of his feet looked uncoverable. Gonna go through his body? Beat him to a spot? Neither.

2) Lawler ... whoa dude. Where did that come from? He was big and explosive.

3) Jonah Williams and Hoecht ... it's going to be tough to cut either of them. I thought Williams had the better day, but not by much.

4) JR Reed was playing like I expect him to. That 3rd down stop was what I expect of his reads and reactions.

5) Tutu ... I like he andCalais returning kicks ... I prefer Calais on KOffs

6) The bottom of the WR room is really impressive. Heydel's one handed catch, Koski and Trishton Jackson ... Akers deep speed?

7) Not Keeping Hopkins. Maybe if there weren't 9 WRs worth keeping. I don't know what his ish is, but I don't want it getting on me or my nice new toys.

8) I saw Garrett having multiple pressures and even getting some bull rush action to work.

9) Eyeballing Alaric Jackson and Anchrum at the OT positions ... I saw Jackson miss one guy but beyond that I thought they held up well in pass pro and okay in run push. I expected more issues...

10) The interior line I was not as happy with.

11) Wanted to see more of Warner, but they may be hiding him.

12) Our DB depth and quality is nice to see. Cuts are gonna be difficult all across the board.

13) Funk for Goalline ... the 4th and 1 where he made a cut in the hole and ground out 3 extra yards? I'm a fan.

14) Said it on another thread, I believe we pick up another RB, not necessarily because we really need it, but because a lot of quality players are getting cut, lots of crowded 5-6 deep RB rooms.

15) I like Jones' command.

16) Perkins gets the 3rd string job.

I'll dry it up there rather than getting exhaustive after the firs PS game. It's just nice to have a preseason.

Questions and comments welcome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2021 01:33PM by alyoshamucci.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 1 PS analysis of backups ...

alyoshamucci615August 15, 2021 12:53PM

.. NM

Anonymous User140August 15, 2021 02:06PM

Re: Blinkscout Game 1 PS analysis of backups ...

Anonymous User230August 15, 2021 02:19PM

BerendsenRam182August 15, 2021 02:29PM

Ramfan21187August 15, 2021 06:55PM

LMU93176August 16, 2021 04:17AM