Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ben Skowronek became obsessed with football thanks to his uncle, Trent Green

June 14, 2021 12:44PM
[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Cameron DaSilva
June 14, 2021 1:23 pm PT
Ben Skowronek is hoping to make the Los Angeles Rams’ 53-man roster as a seventh-round rookie out of Notre Dame, bringing a physical presence to the team’s wide receiver room. He won’t be handed a roster spot, of course, and will need to show that his 6-foot-3 frame carries some value both on offense and special teams.

He had a distant connection to the Rams before even being drafted, too. His uncle is former Rams quarterback Trent Green, and someone Skowronek has looked up to throughout his life. In a recent interview with team reporter Sarina Morales, Skowronek discussed his relationship with Green and how the ex-NFL quarterback helped him become obsessed with football.

“Throughout this process, just talking to him, he’s given me advice since I was a kid and all that, so I’ve looked up to him,” he said. “I remember going to Rams games as a kid and after I got drafted, my family put up a picture from one of the games we went to and I was like, ‘Wow, that kid really grew up to be drafted by the Rams.’ So it was kind of surreal and full circle. He’s been great for me, just being able to bounce stuff off him. I think he’s the reason I fell in love with the game of football. Being able to go to these NFL games, going on the field after the games, talking to the players. I remember when he was with the Chiefs, after a game, I was just sitting on the curb talking to Dante Hall. It’s crazy stuff. Or Tony Gonzalez. Because of him, I really just became obsessed with the game of football.”

Skowronek spent four years at Northwestern before joining Notre Dame as a grad transfer. In total, he caught 139 passes for 1,856 yards and 13 touchdowns.

He now has a chance to stand out as a big-bodied receiver for the Rams, being one of their biggest pass catchers compared to the likes of Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, DeSean Jackson, Tutu Atwell and Van Jefferson.

He has the mindset and frame to succeed in the NFL, it’s just a matter of impressing coaches in camp and throughout the early portion of his career.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BerendsenRam466June 14, 2021 12:44PM

Re: Ben Skowronek became obsessed with football thanks to his uncle, Trent Green

DomerRam268June 14, 2021 01:25PM

Re: Ben Skowronek became obsessed with football thanks to his uncle, Trent Green

BerendsenRam304June 15, 2021 12:51AM

Re: Ben Skowronek all 6'3" 220....Domer is correct!

oldschoolramfan226June 15, 2021 05:16AM

seems like this dude would be the TE...

SunTzu_vs_Camus200June 15, 2021 10:18AM

I suspect they see Harris's frame as able to take on more weight

RockRam168June 15, 2021 11:18AM

I thought so too

PHDram154June 15, 2021 01:25PM