Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A nice 6/10 Rams practice report by djjax…

June 11, 2021 10:13AM
Here’s dpjax…

I was at SoFi yesterday and have to say the place is amazing. Our seats were at field level and besides being really close to the action the place is just loud. When that place is full of fans it will really be something to behold. I wanted to study player #'s before I went but got too busy with work to do that so besides the obvious player's I was going in blind as to who was who.

Two players that stood out to me, one on offense and one on defense were #22 and #87. When I got home I found out that they were David Long Jr and Jacob Harris. #22 seemed quick and was around the ball all day and had what I think was the only interception of the day in 7 on 7's , which I believe was against Wolford. Looks like Long may be starting to Blossom, fingers crossed. #87 is a physical specimen, you couldn't help but notice him. The thing that stood out about Harris was his ability to adjust to the ball, so natural and seemingly effortless, and catches everything that comes his way. How well he moves in relation to his size is very impressive. Others who stood out to me were DeSaun Jackson, very fluid and confident, Van Jefferson made a couple of nice catches, and I have to say Tutu Atwell impressed me. Count me as one who was less than pleased with that pick on draft day. Other than standing out for being the smallest guy on the field, he seemed to have good hands, made some tough catches in traffic, and of course speed to burn as advertised. Tutu also seemed very engaged. Of course we all know what we've got in Stafford. Wolford looked pretty accurate although he did have that one interception but that just seemed like a nice play by Long. The other two QBs, #16 and #19 had some nice throws but overall the way they moved just seemed frantic like things were almost moving too fast for them, especially #19. You could always tell when Stafford was dropping back because he looks so in command.

Leonard Floyd was doing alot of extra one on one work in addition to all the drills with the LBers group. Not sure if he's working through something or just wanted to get the extra reps in. It was also nice to see him engaging with some of the fans.
The D Lineman were doing their drills right in front of us so it was a little disappointing that 99 wasn't there, but hey. it's AD. Who did stand out to me was #94, I know I should know who that is but now I know, it's A'Shawn! Powerful and quick, he has really transformed his body, looking lean and mean. They were doing this one drill where they get their arm extended with their hand on another players upper chest/shoulder/throat and push them sideways, and A'Shawn consistently had the other player stumbling back where others were able to keep their balance defending against that drill.

Did I mention the stadium was loud?
Oh, and the leg room is way better than the Staple Center!

After the practice was over we went all the way to the top row in the back corner of the end zone to check out the view. Amazing! (I'll post some pics when I get them from my friend.) The atmosphere after practice was very relaxed, no one was trying to usher us out, they just let us wonder around for an hour or so to see as much of the stadium as we wanted.

Can't wait to go to a game there!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A nice 6/10 Rams practice report by djjax…

Rams43535June 11, 2021 10:13AM

Re: A nice 6/10 Rams practice report by djjax… Attachments

Golden Ram246June 11, 2021 11:22AM

Right on, thanks for the great report!

fullcurl181June 11, 2021 12:55PM