Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Roster Theory

May 02, 2021 08:29AM
So yesterday I complained and then I joked. Now we have enough evidence to identify the strategy employed this weekend. Our fan expectations were based on how our fellow board members perceived the roster and the opportunities to improve it. We all knew we were only speculating what the brass had in mind and we hoped we were right. Now that we know we were wrong, what did we learn?

Let's list some facts first.
1. They drafted two receivers and a receiving TE
2. They drafted zero offensive linemen
3. They spread out their picks to other need areas evenly.
4. There was a conscious effort to improve the special teams.

What can we deduce from this?

Primarily, they think they already have the players they need to win, as much as they can afford. By bolstering the receiving corps, there could be a more varied aerial attack and perhaps an eye on a future that may or may not include Kupp and Woods.

Next year's free agency may look considerably different as there may be more money to spend and perhaps if they are wrong about the line, they can address it like KC just did. They expect players like Evans and Edwards to improve even more this year. They believe Noteboom, Allen, Brewer, and Anchrum are legitimate depth capable of starting. All I can say is this...they better be right because our competition in this division have bolstered their pass rush considerably.

Finally, the pieces they added on defense point to a continuation of the current philosophy as opposed to a radical change in approach. They drafted depth to develop behind similar players. Beyond that, free agency and the ability to poach other team's cuts are still options going forward. As boring as the draft was, this offseason remains the story of Matthew Stafford and what impact he will have as well as that of Raheem Morris.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Roster Theory

Leoram579May 02, 2021 08:29AM

Re: Roster Theory

DaJudge209May 02, 2021 08:47AM

thats the thing that I feel was messed up

OzRam201May 02, 2021 09:14AM

Re: thats the thing that I feel was messed up

dzrams171May 02, 2021 09:26AM

Re: Roster Theory: Updated UDFA's signed by the Rams

Anonymous User226May 02, 2021 08:58AM