Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chatarius "Tutu" Atwell & Earnest Jones review

April 30, 2021 08:08PM
This will be condensed as I will give the full review with all the picks maybe Sunday night.

BTW, I am sorry I haven't been able to answer any questions anyone has asked me, I'm not ignoring anyone, I started corn planting yesterday and am in the middle of calving out 80 cows.

Let me clarify I am not the end all, know all. I have limited knowledge, so don't let me get too up or down.

Tutu Atwell - this felt like a forced pick, I think (I have no inside info) they wanted Eskridge, and the Seahawks once again sniped the Rams. That said, Atwell IMO was a reach. He is not actually a deep threat. He is an explosive threat with his ball in his hands, but is once he has the ball in his hands. Screens, jet sweeps, rub routes. Basically manufactured touches. Any kind of contact and he is off his feet. Thats in a route or after the catch. He is not going to out physical anyone. He has a small catch radius and his route tree was extremely limited and he is not a nuanced route runner to say the least. But if McVay wants explosives, he can manufacture them. I would have preferred Dyami Brown, Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Jaelon Darden, Seth Williams or oh my goodness Terrance Marshall, a guy that wins deep, wins contested balls and has plenty of field stretching. As others have noted, this feels like Trung, where McVay is pushing this explosives idea into his draft. And he's at best a 5th option this year. Humphrey beats every OC on the roster. So does Meinerz. Missed opportunity IMO.

Earnest Jones - Again, I just don't get this pick, it seems like a reach. McGrone, Cox, Browning are all there. Hell, even my guy Garrett Wallow. Same size...better athlete, better stats...I'm at a loss. There were so many good players available, he was a reach. He is rangy to an extent, he doesn't take on blocks well, he is more of a chase and hit. Solid tackler, but sometimes he has whiffs. I wish his instincts were better. He is good in zone coverage, but not fast enough or twitchy enough to hang in man.

All in all, I'd say with the prospects available a D.

Sorry guys, wish I was more positive. Hoping round 4 is better, go get Twyman or Stills, avoid Dalman.

If they can land Marco Wilson and Twyman or please Hamilcar Rashed Jr, I'll be thrilled. And for the love of everything Ben Mason.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Chatarius "Tutu" Atwell & Earnest Jones review

Deadpool744April 30, 2021 08:08PM

Re: Chatarius "Tutu" Atwell & Earnest Jones review

dzrams446April 30, 2021 08:34PM

Thanks for your take

Atlantic Ram282April 30, 2021 08:45PM

Re: Chatarius "Tutu" Atwell & Earnest Jones review

Rampage2K-338April 30, 2021 09:13PM

Atwell comps?

Ramboni385May 01, 2021 02:39AM

Re: draft tilt