Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How does an opposing OC attack this Ram D?

March 10, 2021 06:31AM
I’m assuming that Floyd, JJ, and Hill all walk, btw.

It still looks like a daunting task to me. Our secondary would still be at least semi-elite.

Darious Williams is a virtual lock to stay this year and Burgess at nickel would be an actual upgrade over Hill, IMO. JJ’s gonna be a huge loss but our Safety room still seems loaded with Fuller, Rapp, Scott, and others. Snead will surely draft a CB or S and who knows what gem he might come up with?

Our DL is top drawer and deep. Hopefully, Rams can find a way to extend Fox. Lot of bang for the buck with that young man. Heck, I think Rams could even afford to trade Brockers if he yields a needed player or a 3rd or 4th round pick. Might be a longshot but the point is that the DL is strong and deep.

Which brings us to LB, doesn’t it? I have to assume that yet another Edge is signed to replace Floyd AND a high draft pick is used for the opposite side. Howard sounds like an upgrade as a starter at ILB and maybe there will be a 2nd tier ILB that they can squeeze out enough money for, or use a draft pick. All depends on how Morris wants to emphasize his LB’s in this years scheme. Right now, before FA and the draft, LB is clearly our weakest link. Our only weak link, actually.

All told, Rams D will probably be strong again, as in Top 3 or so.

Good luck to opposing QB’s trying to throw into that secondary, especially while playing from behind, which is likely now that Stafford is the Rams QB.

So, if I’m the opposing OC/QB I’m gonna try to focus on attacking our Edge and ILB’s. And hope that I can have some semblance of a running game. Not every team can run on this D like the Packers and 49ers did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2021 06:34AM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

How does an opposing OC attack this Ram D?

Rams43196March 10, 2021 06:31AM

Re: How does an opposing OC attack this Ram D?

BearlyThere90March 10, 2021 07:20AM