Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

20 Random ‘Running down a dream’ thoughts by AvengerRam...

December 11, 2020 01:55PM
Here’s AvengerRam...

1. Beat Tom Brady and make national media question his future. CHECK!

2. Beat Patriots and all but end their playoff hopes. CHECK!

3. Cam Akers' night was a joy to watch. The difference between the way he is finding holes, reading blocks and finishing runs now, as compared to the start of the season, is night and day. The fact that he has relatively fresh legs is a bonus for the stretch run!

4. I won't write off Darryl Henderson, though. With Cam's success, and DH apparently being a bit banged up, his role was very small yesterday. After 10 days rest, though, I expect him to provide a 1-2 punch.

5. When Jared Goff's performance is a mere footnote, its a safe bet that the Rams won.

6. That's not to say that Goff can't carry the team at times. We've seen it. But its great that he does not always have to do so.

7. With our Jordan (Aaron Donald) and Pippin (Jalen Ramsey) on drawing so much attention and playing so well on defense, the Paxons (Kenny Young) and Kerrs (Brockers) of the world are getting a chance to shine!

8. I do think that Sebastian Joseph-Day and Brockers are underrated pieces of a great defense. Both are playing very well this year.

9. The Red Zone defense last night was outstanding.

10. Its amazing how consistent this defense has been this year. Apart from few bad quarters against the Bills and the first game against the 49ers, the defense has really never looked outmatched.

11. Now that its scoring points (3 TDs in 3 weeks)... look out!

12. Joe Noteboom has been solid, but the idea of a healthy (and fresh legged) Andrew Whitworth coming out of the tunnel for a playoff game is exciting.

13. Henderson/Akers now are a combined 234 rushes, 1,092 yards, 4.7 ypc, 7 rushing TDs.

14. Meanwhile, Todd Gurley has a 3.6 ypc (626 yards). I always liked Gurley (despite some of his odd comments, demeanor), but its pretty clear that moving on from him was the right decision.

15. I'm really glad we signed Matt Gay.

16. Last offseason, many debated the question of who should be re-signed: Dante Fowler or Cory Littleton. The Rams chose neither and found replacements in Leonard Floyd and Micah Kiser/Troy Reeder. Next offseason, we'll find ourselves debating whether to re-sign Floyd or John Johnson. Perhaps, history will repeat itself (particularly with the possibility of a lower cap).

17. The Front Office will get headlines for big moves like trading for Ramsey, but some of the smaller moves, such as drafting David Edwards (5th round) and trading for Austin Corbett (for a 5th round pick) deserve praise as well.

18. I have to say, as a fan, that I really appreciate how hard the NFL has worked to keep the game going in the midst of the pandemic. This season has been a great distraction and a continuation of normalcy during a difficult time.

19. Happy Chanukah to fellow MOTs! The name "Maccabee" loosely translates to "hammer." Well, on the first night of Chanukah, the Rams certainly hammered the Pats!

20. This stretch run is going to be fun!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

20 Random ‘Running down a dream’ thoughts by AvengerRam...

Rams43464December 11, 2020 01:55PM

Re: #18

leafnose175December 11, 2020 06:27PM

Re: 20 Random ‘Running down a dream’ thoughts by AvengerRam...

BerendsenRam167December 11, 2020 09:34PM

Re: #17

Steve147December 11, 2020 10:40PM

Re: Akers offseason

leafnose128December 12, 2020 04:48AM