Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout game 12 ... Cards

December 09, 2020 01:15PM
I wrote this on Monday and my computer crashed right as I was finishing up and I got depressed. lol

So I waited.

Now I'm only lightly going to touch on something I went pretty deeply into on the original. We have the makings of a dynasty. We have McVay, Goff, Kupp, and Woods signed until basically 2025. Same with Donald and Ramsey on the other side. The talk of switching QBs because Goff has some bad games and is not a top 10 ATHLETE at his position to me is not worth entertaining. The offense hums. Do we have a few bad games? Yeah. But I remember the 90s when I watched TJ Rubley at our helm. I have watched other teams play this year and have felt their pain as the QB really does need to be replaced.
You can't remove Goff. Having chemistry with WRs in invisible. But it's why Chad Hansen came in off the practice squad and put up 100 yards for Houston. You can't fake it, and it is powerful. You lose Goff you lose the whole offense and we cripple our young genius coach. So I'm not entertaining it.

The Great

1) The is the best Rams defense I've seen. For reference Im 41 and started watching in 87' ...

2) Troy Hill ... dang. Are we going to lose him, too? Is he up? Gah. I don't even mind the 4th and 12 he gave up because the throw was perfect.

3) The TD pass to Higbee was a thing of beauty. 3rd down toss to Kupp, too.

4) Finally seeing Henderson do what he did in college...

5) Woods being 2nd in the NFL in YAC, JUST BEHIND COOPER KUPP. Dang ... that's some scheming and effort right there.

The Good

6) Kenny Young making some TFLs like I remember from UCLA days.

7) Kyler going one for his first 8.

8) Hollins FF. I expected him to splash a little more but that was nice.

9) Akers TD run ... as soon as I saw the hole open I yelled "That's 6" ... to no one as I was alone in my basement. I expect him to breakout soon.

10) The quickness of Fuller's switch to Hopkins on the TD ... yes I know he missed ... but he was in position and he won't miss every time.

11) Reeder showing up on time in the hole.

12) Does Donald have 12 sacks now?

13) JJ3 making some plays ... gonna miss him next year.

The Bad

14) It being so close given how lopsided the stats were.

15) Not making a 4th and 1 at the goal line.

16) Does Everett have a drop in every game?

17) Goff missing Higbee breaking deep. I wouldn't ding him on it if the guy he threw to wasn't also right there, he could see both.

18) Missed FGs make my pets sad.

The Ugly

19) Webster's fumbling.

20) Lol wide open Dan Arnold for a 60 yarder?

21) Jalen ... you can't PI on that play before the half.

College

22) So Im assuming a first rounder from D Williams and looking at higher end talent now. Rush backers and OTs.

23) My list of inside backers is long, I bet we come out with 2.

24) I am starting a lit for 4.3 guys for WR. Our 4th should be a burner KOR.

25) I'm looking for later round DBs as usual but if we lose Both Hill and Williams I'll consider more blue chip talent. But we have Burgess and long still, so again it's unlikely to fit need and BPA.

26) The Sun Belt and the American Athletic Conference turned out some serious talent this year. The Senior Bowl and Shrine games are going to be really important. I know it's gonna be tough with covid, but they can build a bubble more easily with just a week to need to stay safe. Note on Sun Belt ... the only game Iowa st. has lost? Was to the Ragin Cajuns in week one. BYUs only loss to Coastal Carolina.
Remember when UCF went 13-0? Their talent hasn't changed much ... but Tulsa, Tulane, SMU, Cincinnati, and Memphis are all capable of taking them down now. Honestly? You match them with the Pac 12 and I think their 1-5 beats theirs.

27) TE talent keeps going up. This year is good, next year better, the year after is crazy. Gonna change offenses across the league.

28) My favorite stories are Indiana and Iowa St, both of whom I predicted could take down the giants if their coaches didn't leave for better gigs.

29) Congrats to Coastal Caroline for their win over Goliath BYU.

30) There are some space eaters in this draft. 6-4/6-5 335 plus ... and a couple shorter 6-2 320 noses ...

31) Centers ... lots of talent there , too. Need to load up to get Blythe a replacement.

Okay, thanks for reading ... thoughts and questions welcome.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout game 12 ... Cards

alyoshamucci845December 09, 2020 01:15PM

Re: Blinkscout game 12 ... Cards

AlbaNY_Ram289December 09, 2020 01:25PM

headslapper217December 09, 2020 01:26PM

Rams43198December 09, 2020 01:57PM

nicecatchellard675December 09, 2020 02:00PM

Darious Williams ... I sincerely hope you're right.

alyoshamucci312December 09, 2020 05:29PM

dzrams279December 09, 2020 02:14PM

21Dog151December 10, 2020 04:36AM

Ramfan21236December 09, 2020 07:53PM

a little more pleasant write up than last week

21Dog175December 10, 2020 04:39AM

Re: Blinkscout D Williams for a 1st tender

Steve174December 10, 2020 04:44AM

Re: Great job Alyo!

oldschoolramfan191December 10, 2020 05:43AM

Re: Goff cannot be part of a Dynasty, entertain it or not....

spagsbacker197December 10, 2020 06:37AM

spamlord170December 10, 2020 11:07AM