Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Let's overreact to Week 11 in the NFL: The Rams are playoff contenders

November 18, 2019 05:13AM

Dan Graziano
ESPN Staff Writer

This is a column about overreactions, as any regular Monday reader knows, but they don't always come easily. Sometimes, you're sitting in your hotel room on a Sunday night, watching a couple of teams that combined to win 25 games last season but now can't find the end zone, and you have to try hard not to underreact.

Seriously, folks. I'm old enough to remember when Matt Nagy and Sean McVay were young offensive geniuses. Now they're facing off in front of the whole country and it's illegal shift this and illegal formation that and multiple penalties on the same punt and just so, so, so many punts ...

Upshot: The Rams won the game, and they're 6-4. The Bears lost the game, and they're 4-6. Mitchell Trubisky didn't finish the game because of what the Bears called a hip injury. Chicago is cooked, Trubisky's future there was already in doubt, and now his present seems to be as well. And while the Rams won the game, you have to wonder (A) whether they'll have enough receivers to finish the season and (cool smiley whether it will matter if all they're going to do is run the ball now anyway.

The Rams are playoff contenders again
The victory moved L.A. to 6-4, which keeps it three games behind first-place San Francisco in the NFC West and a game and a half behind Minnesota in the wild-card race with six games to play. The Rams' remaining road games are in Arizona, Dallas and San Francisco. Their remaining home games are against Baltimore, Seattle and Arizona. It obviously won't be easy, but Sunday night's win kept some degree of hope alive.

Full Article--
[www.espn.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill293November 18, 2019 05:13AM

I’ll say this..

Rams43140November 18, 2019 10:59AM

Re: I’ll say this..

LMU93109November 18, 2019 11:20AM