Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My God, the yellow flags - Games are nearly unwatchable

October 07, 2019 09:05AM
Couldn't even make it through the Sunday night game (that and Chris Collinsworth continually proclaiming his undying love of Patrick Mahommes).

The league needs to do something. It's really out of control. No game flow. A lot of the calls are very minor / borderline and some occur that don't even effect the play. Oh the blocker touched his back, or touched the DL's facemark for a second, or a that ri-donculous roughing the passer on the Packers because someone's hand accidentally patted Dak's helmet for a moment. Horrors! I'm not even sure I like all the OPI calls. Using your hands to create separation used to be considered a technique now it's a foul. Let both sides do some hand fighting and unless it's a violent shove let them play.

And the worst part is, come playoffs and supebowl a lot of those flags will be tucked away - so no consistency.

The NFL is first and foremost in the business of entertainment. That's where all the money comes from. You want some sense of overall fairness in the games, but the number one priority has to be an entertaining product. Otherwise you'll wind up with low ratings and half empty stadiums and all the money going into gambling and fantasy football.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My God, the yellow flags - Games are nearly unwatchable

promomasterj190October 07, 2019 09:05AM

Re: My God, the yellow flags - Games are nearly unwatchable

AlbaNY_Ram101October 07, 2019 11:30AM

I'm annoyed by it BUT....

JamesJM92October 07, 2019 11:50AM

Re: I'm annoyed by it BUT....

SoCalRAMatic115October 07, 2019 12:39PM