Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some things----very long

October 01, 2019 09:51AM
I am not sure what game everybody saw, but I saw a Ram team fight it out, and get to 45-40 wth 6 minutes to go. They showed me more character than the 'don't lose" to the Browns and Panthers games. That Tampa game showed me they can get to 10-6, even with the NFL's worst line (per stupid stats).

I can't single out any player as having a "bad" game relative to 'their' existing skill set.
Huh, what do I mean bro-han?
So, when could Blythe or Noteboom handle Suh at 320 and Vitae at 350--never, ever, ever. Not even their best "2018 day". You didn't know that? Don't you remember BLythe against the Bears; and don't you remember the reports about Noteboom's weak hand punch in drills?...the tampa game was just a repeat. Blythe did as I expected. Hav played RT on sunday like he has played since 2017. The difference is the opponent (Shaq) was awesome, not just very good.....Peters and Talib can't handle anyone in man coverage---that is why Wade switched to zone mid season last year....they are playing way off man, which doesn't work against a QB who has a strong, accurate arm....of course Arians had a plan for our slow CBs---which many other head coaches like Belliboy, McCarthy, Payton hadn't had...and Talib and Peters had executed perfectly, and SUnday they didn't....so finally, they got exposed. They both can't run, cut and chase---not one bit....didn't you see Talib hapless and helpless efforts against Edelmen in the supabowl? (nice spelling). AD, Fowler and da boys were covering for our corners...and then SUnday Winston got the ball out fast, like Cam Newton did and our pass rush looked weak.

Goff--he had to get rid of the ball on that out of sync 4th down play, and then on the 2nd INT got hit like Brees did in the OT NFCC ....so, that happens. Of course, I think his first interception was awful; and so was Brady's in the supabowl! So everyone is moaning about GOff. Are you kidding? Against that line, with his O line....lol. He was Kurt Warner like. Kurt in Carolina in 2000, in 2000 against KC and against the Saints in 2000 playoff was awful for huge portions of the game....and then Kurt turned it on in that 2000 playff...and so did Goff on SUnday.....down 21, got it back to 7. He kept fighting, and making great throws....re-watch without emotions...he was threading some needles. Yes, he missed to Everett and Cooks (and if he waits a half beat he is dead). So, GOff might have had his best game since the NFCC--damn the stats and people moaning.

All that said: I do wonder if there is some sort of 2002-like implosion happening behind the scenes; like it is still in process...and it is going on with Gurley, McVay, Staff and O line mishandlings. Because the play calls by McVay seem to be out of sync with the reality of the O line ability. One guy in training camp said NOteboom had a noticely weak punch in drills--well, being strong is very important for a guard...and he isn't. Of course he gets no push, but we, the fans, see him in there because he "knows" the system better than Edwards.....lol...all coaches fall prey to that. We have the 2 near last rated guards in the NFL...and Edwards is worse....

Also: Talib and Peters did exactly as I expected against the BUcs and a big armed pocket passer who had no fear of the pass rush--I have truly expected that since I saw Peters in the Vikings game; and I expected that with Talib since we signed him. Peters in man off is mediocre, and Talib has no gas in the tank with his legs--and Wade protects both of them like the genius he is. I really think both of them are working on intelligence and scheme only...meaning they have no ability to cover any WR down the field. Wade "covers" both of their inadequacies beautifully. David Long is inactive....arghhh. Ya, teams are going to have noooo fear now. It will get a lot worse. We will still win games anyway, because we have the best 3-tandem WRs in football.

Thrice lastly: Noteboom looks ok-ish to me, not sooo awful as everyone says.....it is just that he has zero tenacity--or zero block sustainability. Alex Barron-like no tenacity. It is ok at LT, but not at guard. I feel like I wrote that before, lol. I do believe he has his feet in the right position...something no one else has but Whit has. David Edwards is my new Zach WIegert..our line in 1995 was so bad, I couldn't wait for Zach (sprained ankle, right)...I would rather work Edwards in and then by week 14 maybe he is ready for the playoffs. Noteboom and Blythe will be destroyed in the playoffs, if the Rams ever make it. IT is so obvious it amazes me. The Eagles, Bears, Saints (with Rankins back), Vikings and Seattle (with J Reed back) all will dominate our guards. In the past Saffold can do man up wile the others double teamed....but now, both guards are incapable against pro bowl level DTs like those aformentioned teams have. YOu can't have your guards dominated every play and succeed on offense....unless you are have J Goff-like toughness.....(you see what I did there?). But, J Goff may not make it to the playoffs with 12 more games like sunday.

Only opinions...don't get angry....your life is important, not football smiling smiley...with love

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 09:55AM by Steve.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some things----very long

Steve449October 01, 2019 09:51AM

Re: Some things----very long

DamRam250October 01, 2019 04:38PM

Re: Some things----response + supabowl windows

Steve197October 01, 2019 10:27PM

Appreciate the take.

stlramz158October 01, 2019 09:36PM

Re: Appreciate the take (+ some 12-4 talk)

Steve219October 01, 2019 10:45PM

Cant cover

Hazlet Hacksaw137October 02, 2019 03:31AM

Our CBs are not that bad

headslapper136October 02, 2019 04:50AM