Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Very nice OL analysis post by BonifayRam...

August 26, 2019 08:48AM
Here’s BonifayRam...

UDFA OC Vitas Hrynkiewicz for the first two preseason gms saw late 4th quarter action @ OC but Kromer did something different last Saturday in gm #3. When Neary went down he sent VH out to play RG with 11 minutes remaining in the gm. I am happy to report that VH made zero mistakes made all his blocks & was able to reach some second level blocks. His passing & run blocking was excellent. But again he was going up against the Broncos reserve front seven. But at least you can factually state Vitas performance @ RG was better than Kolone, Demby & Evans. I would imagine that Kromer will play VH a ton in this last preseason game!(y)smiling smiley

Jamil Demby was crowned the 6th OL'er by the Rams. He was to be the replacement for Austin Blythe. JD has stunk up the playing field @ most positions. His best playing OL post is @ LG. But its not saying much since rookies David Edwards & Chandler Brewer have outplayed JD in this post. This has been our biggest offensive disappointment this preseason.:sick:

Snead's top 2019 draft selection Bobby Evans is behind 3 or 4 of our current reserves & not yet ready for any starting role. It's my opinion that the Rams thought he would be starting RG material. I am sure the Rams are disappointed at this time in his performance @ RG he has played better @ RT. But again both Edwards & Brewer have outplayed Evans @ RT.:sleep:

Aaron Neary has a broken left ankle injury & SUP that will keep him out from practicing with the team until October the 5th & longer. Neary can play RG in an emergency, but he is best suited for the reserve center or LG positions:palm:.

Its very apparent that David Edwards has won the all important 2018 Joe Noteboom swing OT position on the roster. This is very good news & shows us Snead is not loosing his touch. Edwards has also played LG very well too. Edwards has secured himself a roster position.(y):love:

Jeremiah Kolone has been working mainly as the swing OG in TC & pre season. His performance has been fair @ those two OG posts but Kromer has two OL'ers who have outplayed Kolone. JK got lucky with the injury suffered by Neary......rolled eyes smiley: has forced Kromer to insert JK into the important reserve center position. Thus securing him a roster position & a game day reserve. I would preferred to have seen Vitas Hrynkiewicz win this position.crying smiley:

Chandler Brewer has outplayed Kolone, Evans, Demby, Kaskey & Neary @ both OG post in preseason. CB has outplayed Bobby Evans, Jamil Demby & Matt Kaskey @ both OT posts. Who do you think is in the drivers seat to play & START @ the RG post if there is a need?(y)winking smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Very nice OL analysis post by BonifayRam...

Rams43580August 26, 2019 08:48AM

Re: Very nice OL analysis post by BonifayRam...

AlbaNY_Ram202August 26, 2019 11:32AM

Chandler Brewer playing

alyoshamucci236August 26, 2019 12:32PM

Edwards and Vitas

LMU93226August 26, 2019 01:29PM