Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Day 3 camp report by 8to12...

July 29, 2019 07:27PM
Here’s 8to12...

Just left the field a few minutes ago. I met up with VEteranRam (Dale) and later by the Duke (Andy).
Started the day in the North bleachers and later learned from Dale that the 11-11 would be on the South field. We made out we over and sat to watch ST punt drills with JoJo Natsen and Austin Proehl fielding punts.
Took awhile for 11-11 to start and missed most of the QB / WR drills on the other side.
I will first say that trying to keep track of what is going on the field as far as what players or groupings is difficult because they change quickly and often. With that said I tried to keep on primarily on the defense .
Clay Matthews was not dressed , and neither was Obo Okoronkwo who must be held held out due to injury rehab because he wasn’t here Saturday also. I also did not see Safety, Nick Scott.
One of the consistent groupings on the second team D was D Lawler and T Young at the ends with just 2 Inside linemen. Taylor would be positioned as. Second LB, with Db’s behind them.
Later , when 2nd and 3rd team OvsD went at each other, Rapp The was positioned as a normal safety.
In 11-11. NRC was a standout performer, he had an INt, a pass breakup and a Sack.
In the 2min drill, with 1’s from O against the 2’a S, Trevon Young got pressure against Havenstein. First play was an outside move where there might have been a sack, and on the following play he made spin move to the inside and was in the QB’s face as he was throwing the ball
On offense, Reynolds made a nice TD grab after beating Rapp and the other safety on. Dbl move. Later , he snagged a high throw over the middle I tight coverage. As he came out of his break, his knees were bent and lower to the ground and immediately stretched up to catch the ball; very athletic play.
Also , Thomas has been running good routes and making catches today and previously on Saturday. If was asked to rank the Wr’s after a couple days of practice I would him at 4 - 5, probably behind Reynolds.
After 11-11’s, they ran some FG teams..... then they went to some Red Zone practice and it was 50%.... slowed down. And that the way practices ended.
Next report from me will after the Rams/Chargers joint practice next Saturday.
Hope there weren’t too many typos.... typing an an iPhone can be troublesome......
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A Day 3 camp report by 8to12...

Rams43585July 29, 2019 07:27PM

A brief Day 3 camp report by VeteranRamFan...

Rams43278July 29, 2019 07:31PM