Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some numbers on the Rams blitz (and against the run)

December 17, 2018 03:08PM
Most of the board has known for some time the Rams aren't getting to the QB. here are some numbers. I think they do explain some things.

Rams are blitzing 22% of the time. 16th in the league. The league average is 24%. Carolina blitzes the most at almost 38%. Eagles are the lowest at 18%.

here is the number:

Opponent passer rating when blitzing:

Best - Chargers at a rating of 59
worst - Rams at 127 Lions are at 125.

Last year the Rams blitzed 34% of the time. Good for 6th.

So they are blitzing less and I think that is because Wade is looking at exactly what we see with these numbers: when they blitz, they don't get home and passes are being completed at an alarming rate. You cannot blitz if you cannot get home. So they just keep on trying to create pressure with 4 (like the bears and Philly did against the Rams) and hope for the best.

The Rams are also 21st in rushing yards/game on defense so its not like they are stopping the run. 123.3 yards a game. Last year was 122.4 yards per game or, 19th in the league.

At some point the blame has to go on Suh, Littleton, Fowler (not all year mind you) Barron, Ebukam and Brockers. AD is lights out and if it weren't for him this defense might be historically bad. There is going to be turnover this offseason because there are too many big names doing absolutely nothing in a what have you done for me lately league.

All of you hoping for a shiny new TE, or OL or WR in the draft are probably going to be disappointed, because they will be going defense early and often.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some numbers on the Rams blitz (and against the run)

Deadpool248December 17, 2018 03:08PM

Has to be the most perplexing thing about the season

Atlantic Ram99December 17, 2018 04:32PM

team misses Quinn and Barwin

Deadpool165December 17, 2018 05:30PM

Re: The question must be asked....again....

dzrams97December 17, 2018 05:32PM

I agree with you, but I think 5 or 6 are gone

Deadpool95December 17, 2018 05:54PM

I agree but why is half the class failing?

Atlantic Ram83December 17, 2018 06:34PM

Re: Some numbers on the Rams blitz (and against the run)

Los Angeles Lenny85December 17, 2018 06:19PM