Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Packers Ty Montgomery “disappointed” over reaction...

October 29, 2018 04:35PM
[www.packersnews.com]

“He said the same thing he always says, ‘Catch the return, and if it’s in the end zone, keep it in the end zone.'” Montgomery said in video posted by Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “. . . At that point in time, I stood where I always stood. I had a returnable ball, so I made a split-second decision on, I don’t know if this is going to land on the goal line, so I’m not going to take a knee on the goal line, at the half-yard line and take a chance on putting the game in the ref’s hands.

Unfortunately, I ended up fumbling the football, but I’ve never been a guy that completely disobeys what I’ve been told. I think you can ask a lot guys in the locker room. That’s not what I do. That’s not the kind of man I am. That’s not the kind of person I am.”

“We talk about being brothers,” Montgomery said. “We talk about being family and keeping things in house, in house and this, that and the other, and that’s not what happened. I don’t know. Maybe that’s what they do in their family, but that’s not what I do in mine.

“No one ever said anything to me. No one ever came to me. So I’m thoroughly disappointed in the speculation and just the backlash that I have to deal with now, because now we’re talking about my character. We’re not even talking about the fumble any more. We’re talking about my character.”
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Packers Ty Montgomery “disappointed” over reaction...

Rams43312October 29, 2018 04:35PM

He should be

Old Goat236October 29, 2018 04:41PM

Is it wrong?

EternalHorns228October 29, 2018 04:46PM