Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Chargers

September 19, 2018 03:50PM
I watched both of the Chargers' games as condensed versions. Here are my observations.

1) QBs: Rivers is better than Goff. No criticism of Goff is intended; Rivers looked great.
2) RBs: seemed to be a wash, or maybe a slight edge to us. The Chargers' RBs looked fast, strong, and talented. I was a little impressed.
3) WRs: Our WRs are a level beyond SD's WRs. Our guys seem to catch most anything thrown their way, whereas the SD guys dropped easy, easy passes, too often. Amazingly bad. I think Rivers would like to punch some of those guys in the mouth for dropping bombs that hit them in the numbers or hands. The SD WRs really hurt their team.
4) OL: Our guys are better. The SD line gave up a handful of sacks and pressures and missed some blitzes badly. However, comparing the lines' performances is more challenging to do because there are more variables at play.
5) DL: Our guys are better, but I think SD did well without Bosa. They were not pushovers.
6) LBs: I think our guys are better. SD looked to have some fast and strong guys, but they seemed to overrun plays frequently and tackle poorly at times. I don't recall seeing our guys make those mistakes.
7) DBs: Our guys are a level better.
8) Defense: Overall the Rams are better. One thing I noticed was that the Chargers missed a lot of tackles or tackled poorly. I think that was mostly on their LBs and DBs. The Rams have not had that problem at all as far as I can recall.

San Diego looked like the Rams in a couple of aspects, similar jet sweets, good team speed, seem to be well coached.

San Diego's games:
SD against KC: SD could have won but their WRs sucked. They dropped several, hit them in the hands or numbers, great passes. Rivers looked very good against them.
SD against Buffalo: I think the Bills' sloppiness, green QB, and so many stupid mistakes made by the Bills, made the Chargers look better than they really are. Rivers looked great, but I think he had an easy job against Buffalo. I think during the 3rd quarter the Chargers played like they called off the dogs and backed off in intensity a little. The Bills were a mess, but the Bills' QB is strong and really does have an impressive arm.

All things being equal, the Rams should win. But if Rivers has another solid day, and his WRs can catch the ball, I could see them upsetting us.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Chargers

Coy Bacon414September 19, 2018 03:50PM

Re: I think Game 3......Our DLINE will hit it's stride.

oldschoolramfan171September 19, 2018 04:02PM

Always liked Rivers

waterfield143September 19, 2018 04:08PM

Re: The Chargers

Barf33213September 19, 2018 04:27PM

You inspired me to do the same. Watched both games.

Saguaro189September 19, 2018 05:29PM