Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Could Draft Picks Be Better Used To Trade For "Expendable" Players?

April 27, 2018 09:24AM
I know that the prevailing thought has the Rams needing help at LB and depth at OL. But with only mid to late-round picks, there's no assurance that we'll be able to find serviceable players.

Yesterday, I caught some radio draft coverage by Kirk Morrison who does the post-game show for the Rams. He brought up the idea of the Rams trading some of their picks for serviceable current NFL players, whose teams may now consider "expendable" after the draft selections they've made.

Though not because the Bills drafted OL last night, I started thinking about last off-season and how we signed one of their C's (Ryan Groy) to an offer sheet (which was ultimately matched by Buffalo). Since we obviously thought well enough of Groy to sign him to an offer sheet, I was wondering if we might part with a 6th-rounder to acquire him for depth.

But why stop there? I'm sure that there are other serviceable young players at LB that may no longer be in their team's plans after the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft today.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Could Draft Picks Be Better Used To Trade For "Expendable" Players?

ramBRO213April 27, 2018 09:24AM

Shane Ray???

OCRamRef68159April 27, 2018 09:34AM

Re: Could Draft Picks Be Better Used To Trade For "Expendable" Players?

SoCalRAMatic117April 27, 2018 09:37AM

I think you are correct

NewMexicoRam126April 27, 2018 09:40AM