Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few observations watching Brandin Cooks highlights

April 08, 2018 04:35PM
Bear in mind this is highlights so these are his best catches.

1. He is a body catcher. Very rarely plucks the ball with his hands - almost always catches it against his chest.
2. At least on these plays, he seemed to have excellent concentration on the ball in the air.
3. Several times he does run out of bounds or goes down to avoid a big hit. But I didn't see him do it in places where it looked like he would have picked up much more yardage by taking the hit. And Bruce and Holt used to do the same thing.
4. Hard to say how he does on contested passes because the highlights were very often of him blazing by the defense and catching the ball behind the furthest defender. He does run several nice sweeps though.
5. Drew Brees is a MAN. In the Saints highlights, he almost always hit Cooks in stride and Cooks got a lot of additional yardage that way. Brady, on the other hand, hit him on a lot of stop and comeback routes, or threw backshoulder. Therefore he seemed to pick up a lot less YAC with Brady throwing to him.
6. Brees' downfield accuracy is sick.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few observations watching Brandin Cooks highlights

PeoriaRa559April 08, 2018 04:35PM

Re: A few observations watching Brandin Cooks highlights

Rams43238April 08, 2018 05:10PM

Re: A few observations watching Brandin Cooks highlights

Steve183April 08, 2018 08:11PM

I was concerned

Atlantic Ram190April 08, 2018 08:40PM

Cooks ended up looking more physical in the contested catches than I thot he could do....

SunTzu_vs_Camus197April 09, 2018 12:27AM