Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lamarcus Joyner is PFF's No. 1 free-agent safety in 2018

February 17, 2018 03:56AM
Didn't see this posted...

Link

By: Cameron DaSilva | February 13, 2018 10:56 am ET

The Los Angeles Rams have arguably the strongest group of pending free agents in the NFL this offseason. Between Trumaine Johnson, Sammy Watkins and Lamarcus Joyner, you could make the case that they boast the best player at three crucial positions in free agency.

Johnson and Watkins are more debatable, but it’s widely believed that Joyner is the best safety in the 2018 class. That would have been hard to believe a year ago, but after making the move to safety full-time under Wade Phillips, it’s easy to see why so many think he’ll be paid a hefty amount this offseason.

Joyner finished the year as the third-best safety in the NFL with that 90.3 grade, trailing only Adrian Amos (92.0) and Harrison Smith (97.0). Branch was tied for sixth with Landon Collins, but he also played 177 fewer snaps. There’s no doubt both Joyner and Branch are quality starters, but given his age and coverage ability, Joyner is slightly more valuable.

Even though he’s much smaller than Branch – and most safeties, for that matter – Joyner is a big hitter in the middle of the field. He laid out a few receivers to cause incompletions this past season, showing that he plays much bigger than his size.

The Rams can’t afford to let him get away this offseason and should pay him what he’s worth, which is about $9 million per year.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude421February 17, 2018 03:56AM

Joyner and our draftniks; Snead and Fisher

leafnose170February 17, 2018 05:39AM

disagree

zn164February 17, 2018 06:02AM

Re: interpreted

leafnose165February 17, 2018 06:27AM

Re: interpreted

zn118February 17, 2018 06:33AM

These FA decisions come down to a bang for the buck...

Rams43122February 17, 2018 07:02AM