Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well, I enjoyed re-watching the Seahawk game as much as the original...

December 20, 2017 08:56PM
Can never get enough of Petey’s long face on the sideline. Or of the frustration of the Seahawk players. Lol.

Couple of things that I noticed and that haven’t already been well covered...

I paid pretty close attention to that right side of the Ram OL. They played very well, contrary to what I’ve read from a couple of posters elsewhere.

In fact, all Ram players seemed to be blocking exceptionally well, including Higbee and all 3 WR’s. Somebody should take a bow for instilling good blocking fundamentals. That will be a huge boost in the playoffs.

GZ played very well considering that we now know he was in great pain. Man, his situation is proof that life isn’t fair. Sigh...

Quinn had an even better game than I had originally thought. Is it possible that he’s “back”? (Pun intended).

AD is held, often blatantly, on almost every play. I’m serious. It’s criminal what the refs let opponents get away with. Geez...

I tried to focus on Troy Hill, too. He looked like a Pro Bowl 5 year starter every time I saw him. Wow.

The way this team is blocking and Gurley is running? Honestly, they seem unstoppable. McVay started subbing with 7 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter, then more extensively in the 4th. Point is that the Rams could have virtually named the score if McVay had wanted to. Coulda been a 60 burger, maybe even more. Utter domination to the point that the Rams broke the will of most Seahawk players. I loved it (does that make me a bad person?).

Okay, I’m just gonna say it. Tavon is not a good option as our RB, either. Yeah, he’ll get a nice gainer here and there, especially with that blocking in front of him. But he’ll have plays where he hesitates and does that stutter step thing and loses yardage. That one nice gainer when he swept right in the mid 3rd quarter? He was looking for a place at the end where he could run out of bounds. Had he cut inside I think he woulda had a TD.

Cooper has both great vision and great football instincts. Example was a punt at the 5 yard line where he saw no decent return opportunity and so he let it bounce into the end zone for a touchback. Some returners might have caught it and danced around before being tackled near that 5 yard line. Cough, cough...

Kudos to Wade and his staff for keeping and developing Littleton, Troy Hill, and Ebukam. Coaching and depth both matter if a team wants to go deep into the playoffs. Won’t be the subject of many headlines but it’s huge for the Rams fortunes.

Let’s pray for a speedy recovery for GZ. Hope to see him back 100% next OTA’s. Gutsy performance vs Seahawks. He and Webster are a couple of tough little mofo’s.

This rout enabled many starters to get rest and many backups to get valuable snaps. Snaps that could be very helpful if they are called upon due to injury in the playoffs. Frosting on the Seahawk rout cake, if you will.

Love the way Wade rotates his DL plus his OLB’s. Everybody stays fresh and somehow there seems to be little drop off. Genius DC, if you ask me.

Haven’t seen so much joy on the faces and in the body language of Ram players since the height of the GSOT. A pleasure to watch after all these years. I think we’re gonna be seeing a helluva lot more in years to come.

I tell you what. McVay seems like a 31 year old HC going on 50, if you know what I mean. My only criticism of him in this entire game is the passing playcall on 4th and inches instead of a running play. That’s it. What a HR hire he was!

Okay, now it’s on to Nashville and let’s clinch this division, shall we?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Well, I enjoyed re-watching the Seahawk game as much as the original...

Rams43322December 20, 2017 08:56PM

Me too!

stlramz123December 20, 2017 09:05PM

Re: Me too!

Rams43121December 20, 2017 09:07PM