Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 10, Vikings ...

November 22, 2017 11:40AM
This is a much needed punch in the face ... and I think it's going to be a positive thing for us going forward. Of course, the coolest thing about this idea is that it's going to be tested this weekend when we either bounce back or get another stiff whack and I'm wrong. We'll see.

Either way we're still atop the division because the Hawks are circling the drain even with hall of fame play by Mr. Wilson.

The Good

1) Starting CBs. I say that especially because when we lost them we lost the game.

2) The O line ... I only say that because I've seen the Vikings do better against other teams.

3) Goff's toughness. His accuracy was affected a bit, but he took a lot of shots and hung in ... which is what I saw at Cal and why I wanted him coming out even though I thought Wentz to be the better thrower.

4) Woods' injury ... only because it's short. Forces a new go to WR to step up.

The Bad

5) Kupp. C'mon man.

6) Hatfield on a pro bowler ... why wasn't Tru on him? I get that most think Diggs to be the superior athlete, but Thielen has almost 1000 yards in ten games. Bad planning.

7) Finishing sacks. My goodness gracious.

8) I seemed to not see our safeties all game, and I don't know what that was about (anyone get a feel for where they were?)

9) The "don't abandon the run" rule can be dropped when you can throw to the back and get him similar touches ... also as the Steelers showed by passing 45-12 running Thursday ... sometimes it's just the better idea.

10) Is their Oline that good? They haven't allowed a sack in 5 games, but dang.

11) The 8 yard TD by Murray ... that hurt physically after not taking the penalty.

12) WRs and TEs both not getting decent separation. They schemed us and physically outmanned us.

13) Quinn looked old this game to me, more than he had in the others although I know others have said it. Barwin too. I have multiple 3-4 LBs I'm hunting in college.

14) Rudolph winning as often as he did. I think he beat everyone on our team.

15) Not finding an answer after halftime ... that was a bummer.

16) No turnovers.

Nothing was Ugly ... that was a relief. well played game beaten by a team that made basically zero mistakes.

College

17) I have a new idea about CBs, as I'm seeing some new fellas rise into prominent positions ... Carlton Davis is rising, Josh Jackson, Denzel Ward, Oliver on CO and Webster on Ole Miss. Maybe we can get both LB and CB needs met. Maybe.

18) I am trying to separate out the pure pass rushers from all around LBs ... so we can draft accordingly.

19) Great games this weekend. Seriously good college ball. It's been good all year leading up to now too, so I expect a heightened level of skill.

20) I know it's not about us, but I'll keep saying it ... the WRs are bigger and faster starting this year and then really getting serious next year ... CBs are going to have to get taller to compete. Simmie Cobbs and Lazard and Courtland Sutton just for starters.

Prediction

21) Rams 41 Saints 37

Thoughts and comments welcome ...

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 10, Vikings ...

alyoshamucci534November 22, 2017 11:40AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 10, Vikings ...

Rams43258November 22, 2017 01:56PM

I'd be happier extending Tru.

alyoshamucci215November 22, 2017 03:08PM

Re: I'd be happier extending Tru.

Glyndwr71233November 23, 2017 04:55AM