Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another piece of the future personnel decisions has been made...

October 13, 2017 10:30AM
No guts, no glory, they say. So here are my predictions for future Rubic Cube Ram roster contract decisions, fwiw.

First, a quick review from 30,000 feet.

Wade brought in and a 3 4 D was installed. This started a chain reaction.
Quinn now an OLB. Not working out well, so far.
Brockers moved to DE. Working out nicely.
Barron now an ILB. Looking better and better lately, despite his size.
Ogletree extended. Will he remain as an ILB? Stay tuned.
Donald at DE. He’s a stud wherever he plays and no matter what position one ascribes.
TruJo tagged, but not extended. Looks like long shot to stay after this year.
Smart a surprising starter. Great pick. But he’s not an imminent contract decision, anyway.
Webster signed and looks pretty good.
NRC signed for one year. Looking pretty good.
Barwin signed for only one year. Looks like a one year rental at this point.
Joyner played well before injury. Injured a lot throughout his career. Not yet extended.
JJ has replaced Mo. looks like a huge upgrade. Kid has ball instincts.
Watkins not yet extended. Has flashed but not impressive in last two games.
Tavon has flat out struggled except for the occasional flash in the run game.

So, what to deduce about Ram probable long term plans? Here are my best guesses...

Each move kinda gives a bit of a hint about other likely moves. If you close one eye, stand on one leg, and sneeze just right, that is. Lol.

Donald will probably be extended this year. It’s just a question of how soon he and his pos agent come to their senses. If not, he will be a Ram through ‘20, anyway. Bank one or the other of these 2 scenarios.

Quinn will likely see his role gradually reduced this year. And will likely be traded or even released next year for contract saving purposes. He’s just not cutting it in this D. In fairness, I think he’s playing in considerable pain.

Tree might be moved outside. Maybe even this year. But our future starting ILB will come from either the next draft or via FA.

TruJo will play elsewhere in ‘18. Unless he gets reasonable about his contract demands AND plays lights out in these next 11 games. That’s quite a parlay. I see a draft pick taking his place next year, although a CB that Wade really likes might just come available via FA, I suppose.

Joyner will be extended somehow, some way. Makes too much sense for both parties.

JJ will be our starting S for the next 10 years. Color me very impressed with this kid after rewatching that Seahawk game.

Watkins will be extended. A no brainer for both Watkins and the Rams. They are perfect for each other. Watkins will be a bigger and bigger part of this O as this season unfolds.

Tavon is a goner. This is a virtual lock, huh?

Sully is 50-50 to get a short extension. Too early to call. Sully has played well, but if a good C fell in their lap during the draft, the Rams might pounce. Sully shouldn’t be all that expensive, anyway. Like I said, 50-50.

NRC? I just dunno. Another 50-50 for me, I guess.

I lean toward losing Barwin after this season. An okay one year rental, but I think that they expected more, tbh.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and predict the AD and Joyner extensions will be agreed upon before this season is over.

I suspect that Wade is not done tinkering with his starting lineup. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see some shuffling at LB. Any or all of Quinn, Barwin, or Tree could be involved.

I’ll save my draft position priorities for another time and thread. I’m on plenty thin enough ice here as it is. Lol.

Bring it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2017 10:36AM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Another piece of the future personnel decisions has been made...

Rams43582October 13, 2017 10:30AM

Well, Donald is not a DE

Blue and Gold218October 13, 2017 10:36AM

Re: Well, Donald is not a DE

Rams43196October 13, 2017 10:48AM

If you leave the labels up to me, why not post the correctly to begin with?

Blue and Gold168October 13, 2017 11:26AM

Re: If you leave the labels up to me, why not post the correctly to begin with?

Rams43197October 13, 2017 11:30AM

Re: You don't know what you're talking about....

dzrams264October 13, 2017 11:09AM

Well, that was definitely an attention grabber, dz!

Rams43201October 13, 2017 11:22AM

Re: Well, that was definitely an attention grabber, dz!

dzrams164October 13, 2017 12:31PM

I think Quinn and Tavon stay

Los Angeles Lenny165October 13, 2017 11:42AM