Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams 'still feeling it out' with Tavon Austin

September 21, 2017 11:48AM

Alden Gonzalez

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- Tavon Austin, costing nearly $15 million toward this year's salary cap, has been on the field for 15 offensive snaps through the Los Angeles Rams' first two games. Eleven Rams skill-position players have seen more action, a list that includes all three tight ends, the backup running back and five other receivers.

Sean McVay said the Rams are still "feeling it out" with Austin.

"Clearly he's special with the ball in his hands and doing some of the different things you guys have seen, with the jet sweeps, playing the running-back position and being able to take some screens," McVay said of the fifth-year player. "But I think he has a lot more in him, just as a complete receiver."

The Rams entered the season hoping to utilize Austin as a deep threat, but the Sammy Watkins acquisition eliminated the need. The move pushed Austin down to no better than fourth on the receiver depth chart, behind Watkins, Robert Woods and rookie slot receiver Cooper Kupp. Austin -- limited by wrist surgery in the spring and a nagging hamstring issue throughout the summer -- has had only eight opportunities to touch the football on offense.

Read Complete Article
[www.espn.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill306September 21, 2017 11:48AM

Re: Rams 'still feeling it out' with Tavon Austin

Classicalwit152September 21, 2017 12:39PM

I have a box, and it holds a certain kind of memory...

rambleon111September 21, 2017 02:05PM

And I will join you. With sage. nm

Old Goat87September 21, 2017 02:12PM

Austin still "reaming it out"...

sstrams210September 21, 2017 02:11PM