Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LA's most overvalued and undervalued in this years draft...

March 27, 2017 04:41AM
My most overvalued and undervalued players in no particular order.

There are a number of such players in this draft, but these are a few of my most in each category. I'm sure others could add more.

Overvalued:

John Ross - Fast and fragile. You can only utilize that speed if you're available, he won't be available much. Knee problems in both knees, shoulder surgery coupled with a small frame? BUYER BEWARE!

Marshon Lattimore - One year of experience at the position and soft tissue issues...BUYER BEWARE!

Cooper Kupp - He's a slot receiver only in the NFL but really lacks the ability to separate from press coverage via strength or quickness. He didn't run very complex routes in college and was aided tremendously by scheme. I'm not saying he can't play, just that he is being overvalued because he will not be a dominant receiver he's a #3 IMO. He needs to be in the right system, with top threats on the outside.

Chris Godwin - Not nearly as explosive as his numbers would indicate, no suddenness in his movements so he will have problems separating from pro corners in man coverage. Stiff and robotic in pads. I know a lot of people here are high on him so I want you to take a look at the clip below.

Here is a really tight shot, watch Godwin's movements closely against Adoree it actually shows who both of them are. Painful

Godwin vs Adoree man coverage

Adoree Jackson - Too small, to weak with undisciplined technique to ever play outside (see clip above). If you're gonna play corner at his size you better be strong mentally with a physical mentality, he does not! He's a nickel/dime corner that shouldn't even be considered before the 4th rd but will be overdrafted.

David Njoku - A wanna be wide receiver without wide receiver hands. Very inconsistent hands and appears to lose focus periodically during games. Is a weak inline blocker, with a weak base, needs to hit them squats hard. Extremely raw player at the position.

Marlon Humphrey - I can't believe I'm seeing this kid projected in the 1st rd. Sloppy mechanics who relies too much on his athleticism. Is not a lockdown corner in man coverage, would be better in zone immediately until he gets coached up to improve his technique. I watched him in his back pedal, a bit stiff in re-direction and had problems tracking. His physicality is his best asset but needs quite a bit of coaching in the fundamentals of the position.

Undervalued:

Deshaun Watson - Has every intangible you want in a qb, and the bigger the stakes the better he played. He reminds me of Russell Wilson in that he's just a winner, but because he doesn't have prototypical physical attributes, he gets undervalued. Nick Saban says he's the best player he's ever coached against. Dude is a natural, very calm and in the moment, the situation never seems to big for him which is an integral component for a qb to posses. There shouldn't even be a discussion regarding the best qb in this draft!

Christian McCaffrey - In my top 5 as one of the best football players in this draft. Can do it all, inside outside high football IQ with some of the best feet in the game. Is being undervalued because of his size and IMO his skin color at the position. The NFL is not a 25-30 carry power game anymore, therefore backs with versatility have more value. Great feet to run inside and good enough speed and excellent agility outside. Put this dude in New England, New Orleans or Cincy and its lights out.

Ardarius Stewart - My favorite receiver in this draft, can play inside and outside and plays bigger than his measurements. Has football speed, not track speed and runs with a running back mentality after the catch. Runs tight routes, attacks the ball in the air with great body control and is looking to score every time he touches it. He combines the physicality of a Anquan Boldin with the suddenness of a Golden Tate. I love an offensive player that is looking to deliver a blow, rather than take one. Physically he's just about maxed, but has a high ceiling on the technical aspects of the game. Will be a key contributor wherever he goes.

Best,
Laram
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

LA's most overvalued and undervalued in this years draft...

laram939March 27, 2017 04:41AM

I see you've learned to copy and paste

Deadpool326March 27, 2017 09:29AM

Re: Can you read Jethro?...

laram308March 27, 2017 10:20AM

Underrated vs. Undervalued

WarnerWagoner338March 27, 2017 12:28PM

I like Lewis but what is he?

Deadpool211March 27, 2017 06:09PM

I totally missed that. here's my WR preferences in each round

Deadpool225March 27, 2017 05:44PM

Re: LA's most overvalued and undervalued in this years draft...

Anonymous User375March 27, 2017 11:29AM

Yeah not a Watson fan

RFIP291March 27, 2017 01:04PM

i love Watson

stlramz278March 28, 2017 12:22AM

Re: i love Watson

Rampage2K-353March 28, 2017 07:29AM