Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout combine O line ...

March 11, 2017 10:28AM
I waited to do this group because they were barely worth watching. There were some standouts and some kids I didn't know. But overall it was a weak group ... I'd imagine half the kids don't get drafted.

The OG position had a few obvious talents in Lamp and Feeney ... the rest were average.
The OT position was really bad. Moton and Garcia can play the right side, Cam can play left ... Bolles moves well but still looks like an OG to me or at best a right tackle. Ramczyk didn't do drills.
The OC position was pretty impressive. there was no obvious "he's the guy" like with Bama's Kelley ... but I liked them all. Rouiller showed better than I had thought he would, too. The Austell kid from Charleston Southern was a surprise ... smooth. I'd love him as a UDFA.

So ... one by one ...

Ethan Cooper was my biggest riser, going from unknown to maybe one of the top OG movers. Powerful ... smooth. If he gets to the 5th or 6th I would be looking to snag him, though given his movement skills he probably jumped a lot of the average guys.

Julien Davenport I have my eye on because he has natural skill, but he needs at LEAST a year to redshirt and gain strength .. now that we have Whitworth that's looking like a good idea.

Dion Dawkins is an OG player with + movement skills ... should be a lifer at OG.

Eleumenor is a fascinating kid. Really big, but moves laterally really well. Kind of an interesting prospect.

Sean Harlow caught my eye for round 7.

Isadora looked good in the mirror drill and going forward, NOT pulling.

Dorian Johnson could go in the second, he's only a shade off the top 2 kids IMO at OG.

Leamon was a little stiff, likely needs a year on a practice squad to work out some of that.

Cam Lee and Corey Levin, both I had never heard of, both were impressive for small school kids I'd consider late or in UDFA.

David Sharpe wa surprisingly agile and smooth for a HUGE kid ... I did not expect him to jump out at me, but he was smooth and intense for a big man. He's on my radar now.

The centers ... I still would rate them
Elflein
Pocic

Toth
Fuller
Rouiller

But they're closer in grades now. Pocic impressed me with his ankles, honestly. I'm fine waiting until the 4th at that position given how few teams need center and how many solid guards there are. I prefer a shorter OC for the QBs vision ... but Pocic can stay low I believe.

Thoughts and comments welcome ...

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout combine O line ...

alyoshamucci869March 11, 2017 10:28AM

Not gonna lie. I was lazy on oline this year

Flipper336457March 11, 2017 01:56PM

Re: Blinkscout combine O line ...

Deadpool343March 11, 2017 04:11PM

Re: whittling down the draft

leafnose273March 14, 2017 04:30AM

Re: what's your take on Watt?

merlin215March 14, 2017 07:54AM